NGD Maybach Lester 59 Midnight Sunset

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by RayTorvalds, Mar 10, 2016.

1. RayTorvalds

RayTorvalds Senior Member

2. RayTorvalds

Gibson is going to love it when Maybach starts distributing in the US :naughty:

paruwi likes this.
  3. Chemo

Chemo Junior Member

My Lester Cherry Lane!! I bought it about 5 months ago. Compared it to a Midnight, Havana and a Custom and this one was the most beautiful, clear and open sounding one of the bunch by far! I'm so happy with it, and when I compared it to a Gibson Les Paul Classic 2017 I was absolutely sure I'd made the right choice!

Attached Files:

RayTorvalds likes this.
  4. Chemo

Chemo Junior Member

Oh by the way, has anyone noticed the Cherry Lane ones are more bright than the other ones? And does anybody know of any worthwhile upgrades to do to Maybachs? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but if there are some cheap ways to make it even better, let me know! Cheers!

RayTorvalds likes this.
  5. RayTorvalds

Beautiful fiddle you have there Chemo ! Congrats !

I upgraded mine with a Faber locking ABR-1 with E-sert studs (you can see them in this thread). I also changed the wiring to 50's wiring and put in PIO caps.
    The bridge made a pretty big difference. Oh, it's wasn't really cheap. Somewhere around 100 euro if I recall correctly. The caps were like 20 or something.
    The caps and wiring did make a difference (especially the wiring making the tone controls respond differently) but not as big as the bridge.
    Next upgrades will be a bone nut and a Faber locking alu tailpiece.

Good luck with your Maybach. Lets us know when you decided to put some upgrades on it. Long may you enjoy :thumb:

lol, by the way. This thread just won't die (having said that, I did necro it a couple of times too).

6. Chemo

Chemo Junior Member

Ray, have you tried the P90 Gold Rush? I'm curious as to how it compares to the other ones. A Gibson Les Paul Tribute with P90's used to be my main guitar, but my Maybach is quickly taking its place. :D

Oh and was it also your experience that the Cherry Lane one is brighter than the Midnight one?

RayTorvalds likes this.
  7. RayTorvalds

No, I haven't tried the P90 one. As for a Cherry Lane being brighter than Midnight ones, no.. it depends on the guitar.
    I have no doubts the P90 Gold Rush will be really good though. Maybach makes lovely fiddles.

8. Chemo

Chemo Junior Member

Thanks, I was curious because the store where I bought mine said they noticed this pattern of the Cherry Lane ones being brighter. I didn't want a Cherry Red one, didn't want the thicker neck profile, but man it just sounded gooooood. And now I'm used to her, I don't think I'll ever want something else!

RayTorvalds likes this.