NGD Korina Explorer!

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by Zarg, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

Hey Guys!

I couldn't really bond with my Korina V so I returned it and tried my luck with a Korina Explorer because I already love my Gothic Explorer so much.

Just got it, the guy shipped it yesterday afternoon and its already here, damn that's fast! (we live about 600 miles apart).

Its a 2010 Epiphone Korina Explorer. Headstock has been painted black and added a Gibson logo, gibson pots, orange drop cap and gibson pickups! 500T in the bridge and I assume a 496R in the bridge, just like a regular gibson explorer.

The neck is really chunky and the action was flying high over the rather light fretboard. I wanted to pick up some strings for it in my lunchbreak, but the local music store was closed. The strings seem new on it though and they seem like 10s... awesome! It's much lighter than my gothic explorer. I looked and felt the neck and it was pretty much straight, I just screwed down the tailpiece by about 2 and a half turns and now the action is nice and low, no buzzes apparent. I love this so far.
    The previous owner, or the one before it but something on the pickguard, maybe it was the guys name.... originally wanted to change it but I guess I'll leave it there for the mojo.

conclusion: sold a meh, mint epi korina v and got this korina explorer for the same money, its been played some and loved, but the frets are good and the upgrades are just like I like them... plus it came with a hardcase - what a great deal for me.

Now for the pictures you all came for :slash:

thanks for reading, have a headbanging weekend! :dude:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PierM

PierM Premium Member

That beauty is now screaming for gold pickup covers!! :)

Very nice one. Shame for the Gibson logo...he totally ruined the guitar value with that move.

3. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

it is super nice. yeah it's just a sticker, not very much of a professional job... but because of that I got the guitar with some nice mods and a case for a mere 300€

4. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

Sweet! Love Explorers :)

HNGD :cheers2:

5. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

nice grain to that board! very nice korina ex right there. :cheers:

6. T00DEEPBLUE

T00DEEPBLUE Senior Member

Sweet.

That board looks really dry though. Needs oiling.

7. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

I thought so at first too, but it feels very weird... very smooth and not dry at all. I suspect it has that weird coating that many modern epiphones have, I will have to scrape that away first I think

8. geddy

geddy Senior Member

That's nice.. I originally wanted the natural finish but ended up with black as it was there at the right price. Once I fixed the next dive it's a great guitar