NGD: Gadow Custom Hollow

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by G Man, Jun 3, 2014.

1. G Man

G Man Senior Member

To be honest I've had a few NGDs that I haven't bothered posting about, but this one deserves it. I have half-heartedly kept my eye out for one of these used for a while now, and when this one popped up on Reverb I jumped. The seller didn't necessarily know what he had, as he thought it was a 2010 with Gadow HBs, and a 1 11/16" nut, unlike the earlier ones that came with SDs and a 1 3/4" nut. However, this is indeed an earlier one, and while I might have shied away had I known it had the wider nut, now that I have it, I LOVE it! Nice string spacing helps keep my fat tipped fingers from muting adjacent strings, super fun to play fingerstyle on, it feels like my Martin OM. Very resonant, sounds very nice acoustically, the 25.5" scale giving it a nice snap to it, also helps the chords ring out a bit more. The pickups are SD Jazz/59 combo with coil tapping, with apologies to his fans, SDs have never done it for me, and so I am going to take the opportunity to try out a set of ReWind pickups, which I have wanted to do for a while anyway, so a set is on order. Fit and finish is great, possibly even sprayed by Stike for all I know. Anyway, if you ever get a chance to get your hands on one of these US made guitars, do so.

Sorry about the crappy pics, couldn't find my tri-pod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. X–Ray

X–Ray Cowbell by Misadventure Premium Member

long may you enjoy!

3. RaSTuS26

RaSTuS26 Senior Member

A fine and classy looking guitar, congrats and HNGD.

4. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Senior Member

Congrats! :thumb:

5. nutsauce

nutsauce Senior Member

Congrats man, she's a beauty!! Picked up a Classic a couple years ago myself. Enjoy!!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. G Man

G Man Senior Member