{\NGD/} Fender Japan Stratocaster Reissue

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Mowgli5555, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

So, I had been waiting until this guitar arrived to post a NGD. I wanted to verify that it what a guitar with six strings and some pickups.
    That being said, I am happy that I finally have a replacement for my old 57 AVRI Strat.

This one came from Japan from one of the sellers on Ebay. The description of the guitar could have been a bit better, as there were a couple dings that I didn't really notice from the pictures.

It plays well, it looks to be from about 1993-1994 based on the serial number. The neck pocket is just stamped "order made", so I have just been trying to nail down the specifications.

Let me know what you think.?.? Oh, sorry it isn't another single cut this time around. Josh

Edit: Let me see if I can get the pictures to work.

[​IMG]

2. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Ah, never mind. This site is impossible. Oh well

3. Guitarhack

Guitarhack Senior Member

From your description it sounds nice.

4. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Senior Member

Should be a good 'un, I've got a '93-'94 Fender Japan ST62, bought the bare body and neck. Fitted a vintage-wired 57-62 loaded pickguard with a blend pot, relic tuners and a Callaham bridge. Beautiful Strat, 800 Ozbucks all in :thumb:

5. sonar

sonar Senior Member

I've owned a couple ST62's over the years.

I'm a big fan of basswood bodies. My general experience I find them light in weight and dark in tone.

6. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

7. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

8. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Thanks... As I have stated before, I really wish I would have kept the 2007 57AVRI, but I let it go.
    It is still in my photos here at MLP and a reminder that no more instruments that speak to me will leave.

After maybe 15 MIJ instruments, I am about 11,12 out of 15. Great success, but some have spoken louder than others.
    There is still one guitar that I previously sold that I have been searching for. Hopefully I find it some day.

Your Strat is absolutely stunning and I am glad some one else can appreciate the mid-school Fender Japan guitars. Josh

9. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

Looks nice. The important thing is how does it sound and play compared to your AVRI?

10. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Don't mean to jump in on OP and look forward to his answer.
    Based on his earlier comments, I think it's a totally legit question in this instance.
    I think in a different setting and circumstance, it could create a stir.

I'll quote myself though:

11. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Sorry about the delay. Was timed out for a short period.....

Well, I still wish I had the AVRI as a matter of fact. They didn't quite sound or feel the same to be honest.
    Both looked, felt, sounded like instruments, but the Order Made sounds possibly more mature.

The local mom and pop's tech is a huge Fender guy, today I am going to take it to him for his thoughts.
    I imagine he has played nearly 50-60 in his lifetime and knows what a Strat feels like.

Also, I play unplugged 80% of the time while I am studying, so I has to have an acoustical resonance to it.
    That being said, I usually don't think of a Strat for this type of guitar. The notes seem to not ring out as long as with my "other single cut" copy.

However, with this one, I feel like I am getting more acoustical presence than with the AVRI. Possibly, I could be hearing and feeling things though. Josh

12. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

I try to avoid playing an electric unplugged if I'm practicing. Can reinforce some bad habits when it comes to string muting.

13. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

I agree, among many other nuances. That is why I do play it plugged in quite a bit.

However, I mostly study chord structure, scale positions, chord positions, theory, etc. most of it is just repetition to memorize certain things.
    When I am experimenting with what I have learned, I plug up. Josh