NGD: Epi ES-339 Pro

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by jeff_farkas, Apr 18, 2017.

1. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Member

As far as I can recall, only the 339 has fallen out of tune after just a few songs. Changed strings to '9's from the stock 10's it came with and made sure I wound the strings around the posts properly. Still observing...

2. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Thinking about picking one of these up for an office guitar. No amp at work but I could always play through headphones with something small if the acoustic sound doesn’t do it.
    I’m mainly just trying to get more practice time in

3. Mexicanbreed

Mexicanbreed Senior Member

Would you play in front of a computer at work? If so, you could get an inexpensive audio interface (Behringer UHD line is fine; I have the 404) and an amp simulator. S-Gear is really nice for clean, bluesy, more classic tube-driven sounds. All in all, it´d probably run you for less than $200. Not entirely inexpensive, but you can even record with those things.

4. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I went and tried the 339, but didn't really care much for the neck. Ended up ordering a LP. I'm going to check intwine the UHD though. I've used an Apogee Jam in the past going into either GarageBand or Logic.

5. Slapjaw

Slapjaw Senior Member

I'm a big time Gibson man. I have a couple of ES 335 style guitars. But I got to say I just picked-up 3 of these Epi 339's. Two red ones ( one was a gift to a very good friend) in the Cherry and the Darker one with P-90's. Both are great sounding guitars. Seem to be put together nice and tight. i can't say enough good things about the Epi line. If you can get over the ego of having a gibson name on the head stock, THESE are some real nice guitars. I had them for a couple months and played them alot. So this isn't an hour or 2 love story. I will not be afraid to gig with these. I also have a couple of Epi Les Pauls. Once again no issues. The Gibson name might be good for resale, but I don't plan on selling any of my guitars.

6. Victek

Victek Senior Member

7. cousingrandpa

cousingrandpa Senior Member

I got a blond one with P90s, love the chunky neck. I rewired it 50s style, it needed to be rewired as it kept cutting out. It plays & sounds great.

[​IMG]

endial likes this.