NGD - Edwards Pure Material

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by currypowder, Aug 13, 2017.

1. currypowder

currypowder Senior Member

I picked this up from YJ a couple of weeks ago, but have been so busy have been unable to get it set up and looked over. That changed today.

I've been enamored with these for awhile, but given there are only 31 of them, they don't come up for sale very often. This one is definitely in players condition with several dings down to the wood and some lacquer checking. The biggest issue, which worried me as I couldn't really ask about it, is some sort of issue on the back of the neck that has been filled with putty, presumably to smooth the neck for playing. I have no idea how deep the problem goes and have no intention of finding out. THe putty fix is probably not what I would have done, but it seems to do the trick, I don't notice it at all while playing.

Cosmetic condition aside, the guitar itself is solid and plays great. I have no experience with the Duncan Alnico II Pro & Custom 5 pickups. However, I like them so far, if for no other reason that they are different from my normal PAF-type pickups. I'm digging the hot bridge.

It's not nearly as light as other Edwards I have tried, but at 8.4 pounds it's certainly not a heavy guitar.

I probably overpaid a little, but I like having small runs of guitars in my collection. And I really like the subtle flame top. It's almost plain with some faint flaming especially around the middle. Compliments my super flamey/quilted tops nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

that looks amazing. congrats!

3. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

They're great looking guitars! Congrats!

4. Thomas/Sweden

Thomas/Sweden Senior Member

Edwards Pure Fap Material!

5. morbidalex666

morbidalex666 Senior Member

My Pure Material will be burried with me.
    It has put to shame so many guitars - custom shop Gibsons included.
    Congrats on your purchase man!
    Now show her whatcha got!

El Greco and currypowder like this.