NGD!!!!!! CC Mike Reeder!!!!

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by jwehrman, Dec 31, 2017.

1. jwehrman

jwehrman Senior Member

She's home!!!!! I posted this a month or so ago. At the time, I had her taken off the floor. But as of last night she is now the newest member of the family!! I've named her Sara after the Fleetwood Mac song for personal reasons. Might sound kind of lame, but it (sic. the song) has a very specific meaning. I've posted Keith before, a Cherry/Bourbon '59 TH. I always had it planned to get another - as a sister piece to Keith. It had to be completely different and it had to be just as good - which was a challenge to find.

I was never a fan of lemon tops, but the flame really caught me. I'm a total sucker for thick, curly, ribbon flames. She's the complete opposite of Keith in all of the best ways. Keith is a moody bastard, from the color to the tone. He's never the same guitar - which I love. He's also a tad heavier, which gives him a hefty belt in the tone.

Sara is the opposite. Obviously the color is much brighter and searing. There's a certain warmth in the color that almost vibrates in certain light. The color itself is a bit more unique than the lemons I've seen. It's more of a buttery, gold/yellow - with a hint of honey. The flame is also a bit deeper and 3D. The neck is a tad wider and chubbier. Her tone is also a bit punchier, rather than belty (is that a word?). If Keith is Jake LaMotta, then Sara is Bruce Lee. But they both have a pointed clarity in the bite, and the honkiness everyone else raves about. The weight is also a bit lighter, which is also a nice contrast to the other. I think I'm gonna leave the PU covers on. I like the look and it also gives another cool contrast.

I've posted some new pics below. This marks the end of the road for guitars for me. I don't really see the need for a third, and it would feel a bit indulgent for me. The only other I would ever consider would be a goldtop. But for now these two are my heart and soul. They foil and compliment each other in every possible way that make them necessary companion pieces. A big thank you to all of the folk at CME, my home away from home. They really do a kick a$$ job of taking care of their customers. Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

Keith and Sara.jpg Sara 2.jpg Sara 3.jpg Sara.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Top Gun, Slater529, tnvol and 24 others like this.

2. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

That Flame!

[​IMG]

Congrats!!

3. DanD

DanD Senior Member

Oh yeah! :applause:

4. Subterfuge

Subterfuge Senior Member

luv that top !!!!!

5. jacopo

jacopo Senior Member

Mamma mia!

6. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Senior Member

1. Congrats!
    2. She is stunning. Another example of the great units being pumped out.
    3. You can name her whatever you want.
    4. ".....this marks the end of the road for guitars for me." Ok, whatever you want to tell yourself. :)

7. hidebai

hidebai Senior Member

nice!

8. lassie

lassie Member

That top is really awesome! When it sounds as good as it looks you sure got a keeper :acoustic:

9. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

HNGD! Very nice guitars you have there.

10. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

Fleetwood Mac (the second version, with the ladies) can be a guilty pleasure of mine sometimes.

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

11. mfolet

mfolet Senior Member

Congrats that's a beauty.

12. tonedr

tonedr Senior Member

congrats my Reeder bro! you got a killer sir! If you don't want to share cool, but a couple of questions - do you know Mike - what number do you have - where'd you find it? If this is way too much i get it!

at the risk of being way too much i can share pics of mine - and the prototype. I've also be lucky enough to caress the original.

i own 25 and am pumped to meet another Reeder Burst owner - congrats!

13. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

Congratulations! Looks great!

14. jwehrman

jwehrman Senior Member

Hey man!!! Mine is #7! I found it at Chicago Music Exchange. I think they had 3 to begin with, as they were in stock around April last year ('17). One of them sold pretty quickly, and I think it looked like mine. The other looked more like yours, and that actually sold a few days ago. I'm totally in love with it. I had it taken off the floor about a month ago. They had been sitting there for quite awhile, but I had a sudden gut feeling the market was going to turn closer to the holidays. So I made a move. Considering the other just sold, I'm certain this one would have gotten away too. Peach Guitars in Europe had one too for awhile, but then that sold a few weeks ago.

As I mentioned above it's the perfect companion piece to my other. These are both lifers. I'm not a fan of the lemons I've seen, but the pinch of amber/gold in the crevices of the wave in the flame sold me. And I've seen the pics/video of the one that you have - it is also gorgeous!!! There's also a picture of the original on the forum here. It took some digging to find it, but that top is also unreal. Anyhow, happy holidays to ya!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    DrSte31n and tonedr like this.

15. Eternal Scar

Eternal Scar Senior Member

That is sweet!

16. bossaddict

bossaddict @david.beason on IG Premium Member

Uber-top. Congrats!

17. lakeburst

lakeburst Senior Member

Fantastic tops! Congrats & HNGD! :wow: :applause:

18. tonedr

tonedr Senior Member

i'm so glad you got the one you wanted! Thanks for there response and again congrats, dale.

jwehrman likes this.

19. hidebai

hidebai Senior Member

dream guitar!

20. RangerJay

RangerJay Glam Bastard Premium Member

Lovely.