NGD '72 Telecaster Custom

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Jeremiah, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

I picked up the Mexican version, which is definitely good enough for me at this point. I haven't had a Fender shaped guitar since I was 16, I got this from Reverb for 500 shipped but ended up with a refund of 46 bucks from that after the seller discovered a gouge near the bottom during shipping. I'm happy with what I paid. I did the same modification I gave my Les Pauls, a Graphtech Supercharger kit. For the Telecaster, that is a modified nut, string trees, and saddles.

I chose this model because I'm a '76 fanatic, and I can't see any difference between these and the originals from the 70's (I know the WRHB is wildly different, but I'm talking looks). You can't buy a Gibson that uses the same construction techniques as that era off the rack, so you're stuck buying vintage, but Fender knows some people have off the wall taste like me. I'm glad they've got new offerings using those same elements, like the bullet trussrod, the microtilt, and the 3 bolt neckplate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
    Frogfur, jaycoyoyo and rikko like this.
  2. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

Nice score, congrats. :dude::dude:

3. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Senior Member

Sweet dude! Nicel! My first "real" electric was a '74 Olympic White (yellow) Thinline Tele, proper Wide Range tone is pretty killer!

Yank that WRHB and send it to Jared. :thumb:
    https://brandonwoundpickups.com/product/wide-range-pickup-modification/
    (Might need to go to a 1meg pot (if you don't already have one there) in the neck volume, as that is what the originals used.)

Getting closer to my Fender NGD...stashing cash and selling $hit....got rid of my early/mid 70's Super D/PAF set, still have 2 late 70's early 80's sets left to sell, and then I will be looking to buy! Going for white w/maple neck.:naughty:

You're right..you can't buy a Gibson that uses the same construction techniques as that era off the rack...certainly not at this pricepoint!!

A Gibson reissue THIS accurate would exceed True Historic level..comparatively, and that is no $hit.:cool:

4. rikko

rikko Senior Member

Always loved the 72 Custom and the 72 Deluxe as well!!!

Both are on my buy-or-build list!

CONGRATS!

Bet it sounds as good as it looks!!!

5. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

Nice :thumb:

Congrats and HNGD :applause: