NGD 2005 Squier Trans Fat Standard Stratocaster HH

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Mule Train, May 3, 2017.

1. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

Just picked it up today. Played it for about an hour so far And I am impressed. It has Mahogany body, two point bridge, twenty two frets and dual four wire alnico humbuckers. It is not like a Les Paul or even an SG in sound. The bridge pickup is bright and chimmey through my 600 and it has a little deeper squawk in the mid position. The neck pup is sweet. Swells are easy and it plays smooth. I love this guitar and it will fill my needs. It is heavy, around eight pounds. It makes my Ash Tele feel light. Not a fan of large or painted headstocks but what the hay.

Benjammin likes this.
  2. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Good on you. The Squier is all about fun on the Cheap.

Mule Train likes this.
  3. Walt_T

Walt_T Senior Member

Coolness!

Mule Train likes this.
  4. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

Just ran it through some pedals. Tube Screamer clone, Tremolo, Analog style Delay and Soul Food. I will be having fun with this for a long time. Very good sustain and solid pitch harmonics. Neck profile is all Strat and I just got the hang of it. You can fit 5 clip on tuners to this headstock, and a capo.

5. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

congrats! is there a noticeable difference with the mahogany body compared to alder? I dig the large, painted headstock look, it stands out in a nice way IMO :thumb:

6. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

I owned one HSS Squier in the early 90's. Trying to remember and going from that I would say yes. Not so much a darker tone but maybe more rounded.