NGD 1981 Ibanez AR300

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by 21stcsm, Nov 3, 2017.

1. fleahead

fleahead Senior Member

Their hardware was THE best. And intelligent. And yeah, workmanship was stellar. Gibson paled in comparison.

2. 21stcsm

21stcsm Senior Member

and unlike many guitars "inspired" by the Les Paul, it has a totally unique headstock shape (vs one slightly modified to avoid gibson's wrath) and I prefer it.

3. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

Hey 21, beautiful beastie! congratulations, but a little clarification here.
    NOT Fuji Gen Gakki made. Made by Terada, who built MOST of their electrics up to 85/87.
    I have an 81 AR100 that was heavily modified, but still is a killer guitar with all original parts. And it came with the V2's. (Personally, I like a little better then the super 58's.)
    An 84 AR100 with the Super 58's, and an 05 AR200 that had the AH pickups, but I replaced them with a V1/V8 set. It's thought the 05 is a prototype, possibly made by Peerless in Korea. The 2 80's rival my Paul in every shape and way possible. And I think it was Ibanez telling the world, "Yeah we made copies, but look at what we learned!"

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  4. 21stcsm

21stcsm Senior Member

I've seen widely divergent opinion on this

Not sure who to believe

Most say it switched to Terada in 85'ish almost exclusively - and the letter switched from month designator to factory designator at that point

I'm agnostic at this point but the experts I've found to be most reliable say it's Fujigen

I love Terada btw - most of my Gretsches are Terada

I've asked among those at Ibanez forum and most believe it's Fujigen but I am open to possibility it's Terada

5. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

6. BadMojo

BadMojo MLP Vendor

Nice! That’s one sexy Ibanez!

;)

7. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

GDP is notoriously inaccurate. Have they updated their protocols in the last few years?

If not, I would not necessarily trust them.