NFL Football 2014-15

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Kashmir, Aug 5, 2014.

1. wizard1183

wizard1183 Premium Member

Thats just absolutely stupid. Believe what you want. Games ARE manipulated. I dont need to prove it. YOU need to watch more football. And NOT your fav team. When you start gambling on those games, you'll begin to understand it...

2. PapaSquash

PapaSquash Senior Member

I have a question: if there's a fix, who's in on it? and what keeps them quiet about it after they leave the game?

2 people like this.
  3. rxbandit

rxbandit Senior Member

This thread got real stupid real fast

3 people like this.
  4. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

At least we got clarity on from whence the stupidity springs. Obviously, he can't lose money betting because he sucks at analyzing football. Must be fixed.

1 person likes this.
  5. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

Why is that stupid? Just because you can weave a story out of coincidental events doesn't mean anything. And if you don't need (or want) to prove anything, what are you even trying to do here?

I watch plenty of football, including more than my favorite team (Den).

2 people like this.
  6. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

Hey, look, a falsifiable claim!

Yes. You have leveled the charge that the US's largest sport is a hoax. That is not only a claim, which you are required to back up with facts in order to not be written off as somebody bitter about their inability to pick against the spread, it's an extraordinary claim, which therefore requires extraordinary evidence.

So far, your evidence counter is hovering at zero.

2 people like this.
  7. Kashmir

Kashmir Senior Member

The NFL conspiracy is bigger than the 9/11 conspiracy!!!!!

2 people like this.
  8. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

Who said they are different conspiracies? WAKE UP SHEEPLE

1 person likes this.
  9. wizard1183

The coaches, players or ref is in on it at a given time. There is no difference between the Dallas cowboys and the Cleveland browns other than the location and the name. They are both in the same unit. ALL 32 teams make up the NFL. All 32 teams are considered ONE business. Therefore a fix can occur at any given time. That time begins at game time. it is not predetermined UNTIL the amount of money is bet more on one side than the other and Vegas stands to lose its ass. Look at Den vs Sea SB last yr. The amount that poured in on Den was very largly lopsided as opposed to the money bet on Seattle.

A coach can give out the 1st 15 plays of his playbook to an opposing team. A player can throw an INT or Fumble at will. A referee can throw a flag, make up a penalty When the rulebook stated otherwise at any given moment. This game is not played by a computer. Its played by humans. And human error WILL affect a game. Keep in mind that these ppl CAN bet on games "under the table" Fixes are not to determine who wins and who loses. Throw that out the window. Its made for monetary purposes. In gambling, a team can lose the game and vegas rakes in the cash. Its dependent upon a point spread. Vegas and the NFL work hand in hand and if you dont believe that? Look at the favorites in games.

Here's the stats on favorites in the NFL season for 2014:

the Favorites (regardless of home or away) won 179 Lost 81, and tied 1 meaning they won the game 68.8% of the time.
    Lets throw in the spread.
    Against the spread (this is a line given to bet on, that the fav must beat in order for the gambler to cash in on) the favorite won 128 lost 132 and tied 1 which is a 49.2% chance of cashing money. In other words if you bet all favorites, you would ALWAYS come out in the hole just as you would if you always bet underdogs. But the underdog would lost you less money...

You believe in God? Prove to me God exists...

10. b3john

b3john Senior Member

Juvenile, insecure, self-centered? Looks like a trifecta to me:

[​IMG]

If Sherman is going to do full-on "I'm the greatest in the game" rants when they win, he ought to at least man up and do interviews when they lose.

11. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

[​IMG]

12. wizard1183

Same goes for you. Prove to me God exists. Prove to me your GF, wife, daughter, son Mom, dad, is the smartest, most beautiful, most whatever... YOU CANT!

Therefore, I believe what I believe and you can't disprove my belief.:dude:

13. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

That's all we need I guess. You are arguing on the basis of belief alone (about an issue not exempt from empirical evidence).

14. wizard1183

Deflecting? No, buddy. You're telling me that what Ive given you doesn't hold water to what YOU believe in, and I'm giving you something that is in the same principle. The fact that beliefs cannot be proven or disproven.

If the NFL doesn't rig or fix or manipulate games? They sure have some very UNPROFESSIONAL mistakes that I have seen going on for yrs...

15. wizard1183

Well my belief questions the integrity of the NFL because there is A LOT of bullshit in the game that is questionable AFTER officials review it and still get it wrong. Thats not belief imo, thats manipulation...

16. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

And you could provide your first bit of evidence in the thread, if you had any.

People can bet on the games over the table. If people lose the belief the games are on the level, all those legitimate businesses fail. This directly contradicts your own point that the NFL doesn't care who knows the games are supposedly fixed.

Which goes to show that the oddsmakers analyze the games, work human nature, spread the money evenly, and get fat off the 10% vigorish. Again, you make no point whatsoever.

You ever watch an election? People, even with the most talent and resources in their field, sometimes make terrible, obvious mistakes.

Feel free to cite your first piece of evidence any time now.

1 person likes this.
  17. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Stupid or ruined........:hmm:

Wish there was a way to start a thread and BLOCK participation...

1 person likes this.
  18. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Nobody cares about all the, he did this, they did that.........blah,blah,blah

The Pats are champs...........:)

The off season is upon on us.

New hope for every NFL fan starts now....:dude:

Quit feeding the Troll's..........

1 person likes this.
  19. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Stop watching. Let it go. You guys are ceiling fans.

1 person likes this.
  20. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

I smell a sock..............