NFFD (Fuzz Face)

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Gar, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gar

Gar Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Just got the full size Band Of Gypsies Fuzz Face, have yet to plug it in. Different circuit to a normal fuzz face but should be good, I like that sort of thing. Wanted to show off my small collection of Fuzz Faces so please feel free to post pics of your Fuzz Faces.
    Cheers

Syrus and Travis19 like this.
  2. doitforvangogh

doitforvangogh Senior Member

Cool! Full report when you've ran it around the block a few times.

Travis19 likes this.
  3. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

Agreed. Better yet, how about a comparison between the three.

4. Gar

Gar Senior Member

All I have at the moment is a quick plug in at bedroom levels. First, the germanium Bonamassa. Cleans up almost immediately with a turn of the volume knob. Has plenty of amp like sustain, the way the note decays is very amp like and natural. The more you dig in the more fuzz you get. Very 'warm' sounding. The blue Hendrix gives a bit more gain and top end, more spluttery and abrasive in tone but delivers every time without having to dig in. Doesn't clean up as well and is harsher, more distorted than the Bonamassa. The band of gypsies is a fuzz in tone, from reviews I was expecting more of a distortion pedal. It is more like the blue hendrix than the Bonamassa but offers even more fuzz and distortion, more top end and a hell of a lot more volume. This pedal is loud and could easily push an amp into overdrive. The fuzz control has more range than the other two.
    I will add that this was through a Mesa clean channel and I was using my Les Paul.
    I think the Bonamassa is best for an interactive, touch sensitive dynamic playing experience. For a Fuzz Face flavour without the battle the blue hendrix, and for a more superfuzz, distortion like pedal with lots of range then the band of gypsies would be the choice. I love all 3 though, really cool pedals. Can't wait to use the new one at full volume.