Wasn't happy about the pot tension on my recently acquired '15 Less Paul Plus P-90. They are rather stiff. They sounded fine and the taper wasn't bad. But, I really like the CTS Vintage Tape pots... So, a pair of Russian PIO caps and Bob's Yer Uncle. Since I had a tough time finding info, I figured I'd pop up a few notes on the swap. Hopefully the next idiot looking to swap out their PCB in a P-90 based guit will find some help. There were two difficult pieces to the puzzle: 1) working with 24 ga wire that was all right at the limit or too short 2) color codes are not the same for both pickups: - 5 wires on both pickups - neck uses Red as hot, Black as neg and bare for shield - bridge uses White as hot, Green as neg and should as ground - other two wires are unused I had to chase down the pickup wires by finding the resistance of each pickup (and of course, I forgot to note them). Because I left the heat shrink labels on each pickup wire, I had to add a little wire to each pickup negative to reach the pot backs. I also didn't replace the output wires, so had to extend the negative there too. The green wire from the switch did not reach the signal wire from the output jack. I ended up slicing off the nice labeled heat shrink from the output jack and added wire to both the signal wire and the braided shield ground wire. I thought about removing the labels from the pickup wires and shortening those runs up a touch for neatness, but in the end left them on there.... I'm not overly happy about the extra wire from the pickups, but since I doubt I'll pull the covers off again any time soon, and it's quiet as can be, I'll just leave it alone. Overall it was a relatively easy job (But, i've done a ton of guitar work and a little amp work). I think total the job took less than an hour. The verdict on the swap is a funny one, actually. I mean, I love the way it feels now and I love the tone. But, I was actually a little surprised by the results, especially after measuring the old pots. The new CTS were all under 500k - 472, 474, 474 and 487. The Gibson pots were 489, and three above 500. I would think that would have made it slightly (and I really mean slightly) darker with the new pots. But, it's actually the opposite, it's a touch brighter, even a touch punchier. Not, night and day, but noticeable to me. The tone sweep is definitely different, and more useable. Overall a mod I'm glad I spent time and money on.