New thread to show rinkya our niche

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by ryan7olson7, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Mr Teeny

Mr Teeny Senior Member

10% every 2 days and I bet they'll compound it too :) , ffs is there anything they won't do to rob a bit more money!!

2. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

It's a bit red hot when they don't do same day shipping

3. Udonitron

Udonitron Psychedelic Stoner Rock Premium Member

I asked last night if they could just tell me if the Nav looks OK and there are no cracks, breaks, not as described, or missing parts and surprise, no reply.
    They could literally do anything then and just say it was like that when it arrived so now no more protection or perks, just a silent middleman you take a gamble with paying big bucks on.
    I am a little stunned by this actually.
    I honestly think they have come here and read these threads, realize how many customers they have lost, and are essentially "punishing" us as a result.
    You would think a business would learn from the feedback and improve, not get upset and retaliate but that is what it seems like :(

4. JDB

JDB Senior Member

All the more reason to keep this thread alive.

On another note @ Slap.... I have used FedX probably 4 or 5 times and never paid any extra fees through customs or GST or whatever? I wonder why they hit you up and not me in W.A...Maybe when it hits Aus shores and has to be forwarded to another state it misses customs and gets on the next plane:dunno:

5. BrazenPicker

BrazenPicker Senior Member

That's happened with me a few times as well using Fedex. Not as often as I would have liked though. It seems sometimes they just forget or it slips through the cracks and your branch is "worse" than the others perhaps.

As for Rinkya "punishing" us, well, there's an easy solution to that. :) Honestly, screw the whole lot of them.

6. GuN'R

GuN'R Banned

Is it mainly Rinkya that everyone is having all these issues with? I see that Yahoo Japan is on the same webpage as Rinkya. I have been considering signing up for the Yahoo Japan auctions. Is Yahoo Japan better to use than Rinkya, or are you really just dealing with the same entity?

7. JDB

JDB Senior Member

Unless you are in Japan you can't sign up with YJ, you have to use a poxy (yes poxy:D) bidder and your best option is Jauce.

8. o0mobius0o

o0mobius0o Senior Member

Rinkya is a proxy service. YJ sellers often won't ship out of Japan. Rinkya will buy on your behalf, then apparently very poor service ensues.

9. GuN'R

GuN'R Banned

That's a bummer about YJ. I see some very nice geetars on that there site. Thanks for clearing that up for me. What sort of fees can you expect to be paying with JAUCE?? I am just guessing by reading this thread that I may want to avoid Rinkya like a bad STD?

10. JDB

JDB Senior Member

Yes, thats why the thread is here, so more people are aware of the extra fees rinkya charge. Jauce is alittle cheaper with no unexpected fees.
    Basicly your looking at an extra $200- $250 in shipping and fee's.

All depends on the finishing price of the won bid.

11. GuN'R

GuN'R Banned

Nevermind, now I see what a "proxy" bidding site is/does. Sorry to junk up ya'lls thread with my noobness. Carry on!

12. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

How often does rinkya update it's currency conversion?

According to rinkya 50000 yen is approx $640CDN but XE.com is returning a value of $596CDN....How does jauce compare?

13. Mr Teeny

Mr Teeny Senior Member

I think Jauce use paypal's rate so you don't get as ripped off as you do with Rinkya. Last time I queried rinkyas fee they sent me a breakdown and the rate they were using was lower than it hade ever been in the last three months, god knows where they get their rate from.

14. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

Thanks....I must check jauce and see what their exchange rate is...

15. Udonitron

Yeah "R" has not updated their exchange rate since May 10th!?
    I was told the rates on XE are not true bank rates thus why "R"'s rate is not equivalent.
    They still should be updating it daily in real time, not when they decide to check :(

That rate equates to much higher than normal shipping costs as I recently discovered.
    Just an FYI however they are still a cheaper route on high yen value purchases IMO.
    I also really dig Scott, the shipper...he is a class act guy for sure but it is depressing that they have reduced their once established "benefits" regarding purchases (photos etc).

16. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

Good to know Chris....I think my favourite is wulfya though....when's he back in the land of the rising sun again?

17. Udonitron

He is gone for a month

18. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

:hmm: Cool thanks.

19. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

yeah jauce uses the paypal rate which is in general 1 or 2 cents lower than current market rate.
    almost at 90cents today

20. Udonitron

90??
    You dollar is not worth that much more than ours.