New Sander Eye Candy!!!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Flynman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Flynman

Flynman Senior Member

Just got this little Beauty delivered today!!! Super-Max 19-38 Drum Sander!!! Should make things a little smoother and less chance of tear-out in figured wood!!

Shop3.jpg Shop2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    SlingBlader, Skyjerk, Zeegler and 3 others like this.
  2. lowatter

lowatter Senior Member

Nice! Now it's time to mess up that shop floor of yours! You could eat off it. BTW...Your spray booth greenhouse is a great idea. We have the same greenhouse but it's my wife's for use as...a greenhouse.

Flynman likes this.
  3. Flynman

Flynman Senior Member

Lowatter Yeah i spent some time on Epoxying the floor and it was well worth it. I turn the Spray booth unit into the opening in the greenhouse and tape the Blue AC filters to 2 of the window openings. Have almost zero problem with dust/dirt specs in the finish!!

4. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Senior Member

Sweeeet! I love my 19-38, it's a fantastic tool. Mine's got the open stand, I really dig the closed stand on yours.

Flynman likes this.
  5. Flynman

Flynman Senior Member

KnightroExpress Yes it seems like a real quality machine. I got the closed stand on sale so it was only $50 more than the open stand. Easy to store my sandpaper rolls in. Going to use it later this evening once i get my dust collector hooked up to it!!

6. pshupe

pshupe Senior Member

I have the same one with the open stand. I love the thing. I haven't changed the paper yet but I bought a 3 pack of different grits. It's great to be able to dial in thickness by the thousands of an inch.

Cheers Peter.

7. Zeegler

Zeegler Senior Member

Sooooo jelly.

8. dcomiskey

dcomiskey Member

Daddy like! I got a somewhat smaller JET one recently. Such a great machine to have.

Flynman likes this.
  9. lowatter

lowatter Senior Member

BTW Flynman you can buy replacement covers for your greenhouse booth for $125 shipped out of Washington. We recovered ours 2 years ago because of sun damage. It needs replacing again already so I suppose they make better spray booths than greenhouses. My wife said she can dig up the ordering info if you need it. Just let me know.

10. Flynman

Flynman Senior Member

Thanks for the cover info Lowatter!! Yeah I have had this Greenhouse for about 3 years and so far it's holding up great for what i need it for. After every guitar i just take it out in the drive way and hose of any dust from the overspray.