New Lower Ebay Fees? 3.5% ...Did I Read This Right?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by scottyk, May 17, 2017.

1. scottyk

scottyk Senior Member

Checked my EBay mail message this morning and they are now apparently stating they are charging 3.5% on gear.
    And if I Read correctly, $250 max.

thatF-INGflyingVguy likes this.
  2. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

I got that email too. I had a trial version of it several months ago and suspected that they might be switching to it more long term.

I think the max fee is $350.

[​IMG]

thatF-INGflyingVguy likes this.
  3. Bitwize

Bitwize Senior Member

Read that as well! With that percentage, it puts eBay more in line with Reverb.

ramaglia375 likes this.
  4. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Things have gotten really slow in the Musical Instrument listings over on the 'bay.

5. Big Daddy B

Big Daddy B Senior Member

Will this apply to old listings or do you need to end your listings and re-list?

6. scottyk

scottyk Senior Member

Not sure but I personally would end the listing and start fresh to make sure. It'd be worth it.

7. Big Daddy B

damn, just sold all the guitars I had o ebay. Had a promotion so only got dinged 10% on one of them but I have one of Reverb I may also now add to ebay.

8. Vortex

Vortex Senior Member

That's great on the 3.5% but keep in mind you still have very little, if any, recourse w/ an unsatisfied buyer. We've all heard the stories or worse, experienced it.

9. csplayer089

csplayer089 Senior Member

I much prefer selling on Reverb.

Bitwize and ramaglia375 like this.
  10. Jcolmn

Jcolmn Member

I am still only listing instruments on Reverb and forums. I don't trust ebay due to the aforementioned "buyer/scammer is always right". They have also killed me on shipping costs and apply fees to the shipping cost. Routinely their shipping calculator estimates a cost and when I actually ship it, it costs much more. Mind you I put in the exact dimensions and weight into the estimator and in the final shipping label. Reverb has better shipping costs.

11. Big Daddy B

Reverb applies fees to the shipping charges as well. Not defending ebay, I use both services.

12. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

I just sold a 1953 Gibson amp on eBay and still got charged the 10%. It was because I used the

"Musical Instruments & Gear>Vintage Musical Instruments>Vintage Guitars & Basses>Guitar Amplifiers"

category instead of ...

"Musical Instruments & Gear>Musical Instruments>Guitars & Basses>Guitar Amplifiers"

I called to talk to them about it and they were very nice and are giving me a credit since I was unaware, but I just thought I would post this here in case anyone was also not aware that the fees are still the same for the "vintage" categories. Just use the regular ones even if your item meets the vintage guidelines.

Justin_Case and surge98 like this.