New guy from the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sausage100uk, Aug 30, 2011.

1. sausage100uk

sausage100uk Junior Member

Hi all,
    New bloke here from the UK, started to learn the guitar earlier this year and progress is going slowly but surely (thank you free online lessons!). I've always loved the LP shape and thought i'd get a cheap copy to go with my fender strat copy i've been using. What I got was an ALBA (chinese) copy (which I have read mixed reviews about) in white. I've restrung it and played around with the action, it seems ok to me (not really knowing that much about guitars) but I'm going to change the nut for a graphite or bone one as the original looks like it was put on by a blind drunkard. Anything else I should check on this new puppy? bearing in mind that it only owes me £30 so I can't really expect great things from it.

cheers

Dave AKA Sausage

Attached Files:

2. dlmorley

dlmorley Senior Member

Hi there and welcome.
    Do the nut and if it plays fine, play it! I would't put any more money into it though. If you like the LP thing, you will end up wanting a good quality one anyway!

3. Midnight Blues

Midnight Blues Premium Member

Welcome Dave. Bring it to a Tech and have it professionally set-up. That will make it play the best it can possibly play.

Good luck!

4. HOT-BRIT

HOT-BRIT V.I.P. Member

welcome mate!
    learn, absorb the knowledge and then share!