New Floormodeller incoming to me...:)

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by CaptainT, Nov 28, 2017.

1. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I just came back from my rehearsal...wow...I had a blast:)

The headrush interface is totally awesome. The whole board is incredibly easy to use. This was 3 hours of pure fun. I won't need the 30 days moneyback for sure. It is a keeper. The perfect tool for me. I am a happy camper:)

Going to bed now, I'll be putting up some pics in around 9 hours, I need to sleep now with a huge smile in my face:)
    Such a great piece of gear...

Sorry for the format, I am writing this from my mobile and I am almost asleep:)

2. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

Congrats!

CaptainT and frankv like this.
  3. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I don't think anyone in this room at least, is surprised.

cybermgk, mmd, CaptainT and 1 other person like this.
  4. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

So after some hours of sleep, here are the pics:)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

As you can see, the box contains the unit itself, a little bag with the manual, the power cable (the power supply itself is integrated into the device) and the USB cable. Further you see that I was wearing brown shoes XD

The whole device is quite heavy, but feels rocksolid. I am still awed about the Interface. You can dial in good tones without even taking the manual into your hands. This is really the strength of this modeller.

I tested the sounds with Amp/Cab Sim over my headphones and it really sounded pretty pretty good. I further tried it in pure pedalboard mode with my Fender amp (No FX Loop, so no 4CM) , which worked well too, but won´t be my major field of use for the floorboard.

Regarding Support and updates:

I just received an email that Firmware 1.2 is being released. I havent read the patch notes yet, but it is the 4th update since the device was released, so I am pretty confident that there will be good future Support/Updates.

I couldn´t find any lags yesterday when switching between patches, but I didn´t try scenes yet. I was more occupied with making music than with playing and tweaking the device, which prooved to me that it was the right decision to go with the Headrush as I am rather the Plug-n-Play type of guy.

After my first 3 hours of use I´d say: Don´t let the Internet put fear into you, give the HR a Chance, it might be the right tool for you:)

I´ll keep this thread updated or might even start a HR user thread as I think I am the only user yet within the board XD

@frankv You are right, once you recognize how awesome the modern modellers are, you won´t look back.

I am sooo floored...XD

Now I am thinking about a Laney IRT-X, a TS212 or an EV ZLX 12P :)

Cheers,

CT

cybermgk, mdubya, AmpedUp and 5 others like this.
  5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

OK. Here is my standard recommendation... Get a XiTone. Save money from buying others.

mdubya likes this.
  6. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I read about them here in the Forum, but they are rather hard to get in Germany. I might try Red Sound instead (made in Italy) or Atomic.

Xitones seem to be great though

AmpedUp and mmd like this.
  7. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Can you get a Mission Engineering Gemini (UK) in Italy?

Either way, you win because you are in Italy! :lol:

fleahead likes this.
  8. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

Glad it is working out for you.

I love the AX8 and got it because I knew the tone was there, but when I make major changes, I have to use the laptop. I don't have the patience to use the on-board interface. That being said, I am glad it has knobs for the minor changes!!! If they had a better user-interface on the board, I would likely upgrade.

FYI: I am still using an Alto TS210 at the house and have been happy.

Pop1655, mdubya and CaptainT like this.
  9. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Here is some info on the support for those who are interested:

2 days ago the firmware 1.2 was released. This is what was updated within the last 6 months. I am satisfied:)

Since Firmware Version 1.1.1:
    • Added Octaves effect to the Modulation model category.
    • Added Global EQ settings to the Global Settings page.
    • Added the ability to quickly select and audition impulse response files in Hands-Free Mode using footswitches.
    • Added the ability to select IR (1024) as an alternate output on the Global Settings page.
    • Significantly reduced rig-switching time.
    • The current view (Stomp View, Rig View, Hybrid View, or Setlist View) is now retained when you power off HeadRush Pedalboard.
    • Minor bug fixes and DSP optimizations.

Since Firmware Version 1.1.0:
    • Minor bug fixes.

Since Firmware Version 1.0.2:
    • Added 59 Tweed Prince to the Amp model category.
    • Added Air Vibrato effect to the Modulation model category.
    • Added More Wah effect to the Expression model category.
    • Added Panner effect to the Expression model category.
    • Added Gate effect to the Dynamics/EQ model category.
    • Added the ability to import .tfx (Eleven® Rack) presets. To import a .tfx preset, click and drag it to the Rigs folder when connected to a computer and the HeadRush Pedalboard is in USB Transfer mode, and then tap Sync.
    • Added the ability to customize the text on an OLED screen for a footswitch set to Stomp Mode. To change the OLED text for a footswitch in Stomp Mode, enter the Hardware Assign page, and then tap the outlined box that shows the current OLED text for one of the 8 footswitches.
    • Added Scene feature, which is the ability to assign a single footswitch to control the On/Off parameter for multiple models. To assign a single footswitch to control the On/Off parameter for multiple models, enter the Hardware Assign page, and then tap the Toggle/Hold parameter for one of the 8 assignable footswitches until it says Scene. Then, tap the Edit text that appears on the footswitch to set which models will be turned on/off when pressing the footswitch.
    • Added the ability to make fine adjustments in Hands-Free Mode by using the two bottom-right footswitches labeled – and +.
    • Added the ability to delete models from the main screen by dragging and dropping them onto a Drag to Delete bar that appears at the bottom of the screen.
    • Added the ability to select 44.1kHz as a sample rate for USB Audio.
    • Added the ability to use a search bar for faster access to finding rigs while creating or editing a setlist.
    • Minor bug fixes and DSP optimizations.

Since Firmware Version 1.0.1:
    • Added Screen Lock feature. This feature disables the touchscreen, and gives you a simple interface that shows your current rig name, setlist name, and a customizable image. To customize the Screen Lock image, while the HeadRush Pedalboard is in USB Transfer mode, place a .png, .bmp, .jpg, or .jpeg file named LockScreenLogo in the root directory of the HeadRush drive. We recommend using a 800x400-pixel image (it will be automatically scaled to this size after transferring it).
    • Added the ability to place the looper before or after your signal chain. This gives you the ability to record a riff, and then place it before the signal chain so you can sculpt your rig’s sound without having to physically play the riff over and over again. To set the looper’s location, while viewing the looper on the touchscreen, turn the third parameter knob (Loc) to place it before (Pre) or after (Post) the signal chain.
    • Added ability to truncate impulse response (IR) files to 1024 samples. When your IRs are truncated, they require fewer DSP resources, which frees up more resources to load additional models and/or IRs to each rig. To load a truncated IR, select IR 1024 instead of the normal IR setting when adding an IR to a rig.
    • Added the ability to enable or disable confirmation messages that appear while changing your rig. To enable or disable these messages, enter the Global Settings screen and set Reminders > Confirm Unsaved to On (enabled) or Off (disabled).
    • Added Side Comp effect to the Dynamics/EQ model category. This is a side-chain compressor effect, which uses the HeadRush Pedalboard’s effects return as the side-chain input. Note: When this effect is in your signal chain, the FX Loop will be disabled. • Minor bug fixes and DSP optimizations.

Since Firmware Version 1.0.0:
    • Enabled USB audio recording and reamping features. Important Note for Windows Users: Visit headrushfx.com/support and download and install the latest Windows driver before using the USB Audio feature.
    • Minor bug fixes.

frankv likes this.
  10. frankv

That's excellent that it has a built in recording interface...

CaptainT likes this.
  11. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Yes, I had the same thought. I am sitting at my PC right now, trying to get it working with my DAW. Might be uploading some soundfiles soon:)

frankv likes this.
  12. frankv

Now you're talking..

13. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

2 hours Cubase and it still won´t record. Gotta try again tomorrow...too tired now;)

14. frankv

Do you have asio drivers?

15. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I installed the drivers for windows from headrushfx.com and I can select Headrush ASIO within Cubase.
    I see a signal in the mixer, but nothing is recorded.
    I just bought Cubase and only used Audacity before. I guess it is a problem with the routing. Gonna look into the Cubase handbook tomorrow.

16. frankv

CaptainT likes this.
  17. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

thx, going to try this tomorrow!

frankv likes this.
  18. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I am learning something new everyday. I figured out recording now (with Reaper instead of Cubase, now everything is fine). Now I am working on getting the levels correctly. I am clipping the whole time, but I haven´t found out how to dial in the levels when using the HR as an interface. That´s my project for tomorrow:)

Then I´ll be putting up some recording hopefully:)

Now I´ll call it a night, almost 10pm again:)

It´s so much fun to play, I don´t wanna waste too much time with figuring out the other stuff (like recording XD )

19. frankv

Reaper is a pretty good program....

CaptainT likes this.
  20. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I am closing this thread, I am working on the "Official Headrush Thread now" XD

ttbit and frankv like this.