New Floormodeller incoming to me...:)

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by CaptainT, Nov 28, 2017.

1. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

...and it´s not a Helix or an AX8...it´s a Headrush Pedalboard:)

I just thought I might give those guys a chance. The product got some updates like "Scenes" and still everybody seems to be bashing the board due to the past experiences with Avid and the 11R. Most people don´t have actual experiences with the Headrush itself.

I tested the Helix Native Software and I decided against a Helix due to the too many options it offers. I prefer a rather simple "Plug n Play" approach and I think the Headrush will be easier for me to handle.
    When testing it, I fouind out that I prefered my PODFarm 2.5 with Studio GX to the Helix Native (although I bought some Patches and IRs from Glen Delaune)
    AX8 is to expensive for me and the lack of a headphone out and expression pedal was a no-go for me.

There is so much useful information in this forum and in the end it made me realize that the Headrush would be the one fitting my needs best. So thanks to all you modelling guys who helped me shape my decision!

So stay tuned, the board is ordered and I´ll be happily providing "FIRST HAND" experience and sounds (and pics as soon as is arrives:) )

Cheers,

Thorsten

El Pablo, mdubya, saks and 2 others like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Funny you should mention this. I just saw a used one at my local GC.

mdubya likes this.
  3. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

There are no used ones available in Germany yet. Didn´t find one. I took the 30-days-moneyback route to reduce the risk of wasting money:)

If the HR won´t work for me I´ll try a Helix LT ;)

mdubya and frankv like this.
  4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I don't think you will have any issues tone wise. I think that the only real question anyone has had comes from the question of support and future updates. That's really the question. An important one at that. I would be interested in following your experiences with it.

CaptainT likes this.
  5. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I am totally with you. I read a lot about modellers and found some newer infos regarding the updates. My fear was the only thing keeping me away from the HR and steering me towards the Helix. Line 6 with Yamaha in the back would be the safer route for sure, but I decided to go the riskier route and pulled the trigger on the HR this morning. The higher the risk, the higher the reward; I hope this prooves to be true XD

Right now they have the third Firmware update and some minor issues were adressed. One amp was added, too. The feedback from Headrush buyers at Germany´s biggest online retailer is overall positive (5/5 stars)

I hope I won´t regret going this route, but only time will tell. You are going to hear a first take with the HR on the BTOTM December thread in around three weeks when I had some time with it XD

I got some custom IR´s already from Glen Delaune and Celestion. waiting for some testing:)

frankv likes this.
  6. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I'll be interested in following this too. When I first read the release on it, it sounded like exactly what I was searching for. I let the WWW scare me off, but can certainly see the appeal.
    Congrats, enjoy and please keep us updated.

ttbit, frankv and CaptainT like this.
  7. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I read your thread too and there were a lot of similarities. It helped me a lot with my decision. In the end I was stuck between Helix / Helix LT and the HR. I should be getting the device within the next 5-days, I´ll get some pictures up as soon as I get it:)

frankv likes this.
  8. frankv

Oh yeah. Can't wait for the new BTOTM. I wish more of us would submit to that thread.

Why don't you go and start an "Official Head Rush Thread"

CaptainT likes this.
  9. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

I might do this when I decide to keep it:) Good call!

BTOTM is great, I just took a break from playing guitar for two months due to stress and a lack of time, but now I am finally back again and even more motivated than before. Looking forward to recording. My last recording was with POD Farm, so this should be a definite upgrade. But somehow I like the sound of PODFarm, don´t know why:)

https://soundcloud.com/user-188172975/i-believe-in-a-thing-called-love-cover

I think you know this take from "Let´s hear you playing through your rig". This was my favorite PODFarm Custom Patch ;)

ttbit and frankv like this.
  10. frankv

Ah yes. Of course i remember... nice stuff. Great tone froom that Pod. I think you will love the HR...

CaptainT likes this.
  11. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Marco Fanton´s Lukather patch sold the thing in the end to me. I love his tone here. Marco is such a great player. I´ll get this patch from him, I really dig his lead tone there. Wonderfully melodic, great sound and beautifully played. I could listen to this for hours:)

ttbit, El Pablo, mdubya and 1 other person like this.
  12. frankv

No arguing that my brother

ttbit, Pop1655 and CaptainT like this.
  13. alstev

alstev Senior Member

I thought the Headrush looked really cool, but I ended up getting a Kemper, enjoy!

CaptainT and frankv like this.
  14. frankv

Yep, High end and excellent support.

15. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

The Kemper is a great tool, just not the right one for my needs. Enjoy it:)

frankv likes this.
  16. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

That's what I think is extremely cool in the digital gear now. There is a form factor/interface that fits most players predilections. For some, a floor model is best, and in those different interfaces work best. Others like a rack unit, or Axe's deep dive tweaks, or Kemper's amp like front interface, or a Katana take with you combo (Or Boss or Mustang). You name it.

ttbit, frankv and CaptainT like this.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Congrats. I think the Headrush will be great.

1. The Eleven Rack was great for its time.
    2. Every pro demo I have seen of the HR has been very impressive. The demo'ers seem very inspired by the HR, Pete Thorn, in particular.
    That said, I think the Helix LT will be a fool proof back-up plan.

CaptainT and frankv like this.
  18. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

The Headrush is waitong for me at the mail office. I am going to grab it tonight after work, hopefully to test it at rehearsal in the evening. So there wi´ll be some pics today or tomorrow:)

First runs will be with my Fender Bassbreaker 18/30 without the cab/amp sims, as I don´t have an active speaker yet. Gonna get one in 3 weeks tho, I guess it will be an TS ALTO 212:)

frankv likes this.
  19. frankv

Unless your rehearsals are very informal I would suggest that you not try it out first there. I would take it home and play with it there. After you get some basic tones from it then you can gig it.

mdubya and CaptainT like this.
  20. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

It is very informal, tonight I am alone with our bassplayer and he is so looking forward to trying it too:)

Thanks for the heads up though:)