New ECP Website and Products

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bill m, Jan 26, 2015.

1. mrfett

mrfett HJ Lover Premium Member

That green Strat is so cool!

Last night I finally got to install Hallowed Ground set #5 in my new R8. Now, I LOVED the tone of the R8 already. It had a set of underwound Custombuckers in it and it was perfect. Thing is, this set of Hallowed Grounds showed up in the Classifieds and it didn't seem anyone wanted them and I knew they needed a stable home...

So I reluctantly took out the Custombuckers and installed the Hallowed Grounds. OMG. Now, it's not like the guitar all of a sudden sounds like a different instrument, it's more like everything just got a little better, like I just have MORE of everything. I'm so pleased with these pickups... I gained some bite, some bass, things somehow stayed clear... they feel and respond fabulously. Really, really cool pickups. I thought before I was getting great classic tones, but now they're juicy.

Let me say this: I'm not big on magic bullets or fairy dust. I didn't buy my R8 because it had a long neck tenon. I tend toward believing most great tones come from the player's fingers. Well when I fired up these Hallowed Grounds all of a sudden I had these juicy vintage tones coming out of my amp that I'd never heard before. Same fingers. And I went into this skeptically; I didn't need these pickups to perform, as I was happy to pass them on if they didn't offer anything more than my Custombuckers did.

so yeah... I'm a believer :slash:

2. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

I agree that's there's no magical pixie dust with pickup winding, it's more like a chef buying good produce and knowing how to use it, but the combo in the HG's really is fantastic.

3. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like your HG's.

A lot has been going on in the last few months and we are ironing out all the details of the new "Legacy Series" of pickups and hope to have them out very soon.

4. NYC LP player

NYC LP player Premium Member

1.5yrs later and a better camera. Ive barely moved them since installing except when I change my action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NYC LP player

NYC LP player Premium Member

Was testing a new speaker in my Tweed Deluxe and the HGs just loved it. Some "nice for me" mic'd audio:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sh2YWDJ5x0[/ame]

6. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Sounds great!

I've been GAS'ing to build a Tweed lately, glad they work well with the HG's :thumb:

7. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Very nice,brother! Really dug the ole " Lemon Song " bit there...I have yet to find an amp/speaker that doesnt like my HG loaded R8.