New ECP Website and Products

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bill m, Jan 26, 2015.

1. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

No doubt!! Been watching the ole YT for new vids,man.....any forthcoming from said gig with the Skydogs?:fingersx:

1 person likes this.
  2. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

I have vids... Just need to upload them.

Soon.

3 people like this.
  3. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Cool,man!! Its kinda sad,but,I live vicariously through y'all who still play out:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  4. phantom214

phantom214 Member

My HG Set #42 arrived today. They look great. Stunning cover. I haven't installed them yet. Can't wait to have them installed tomorrow. :)
    I noticed the wire color of the neck pickup and bridge pickup is different. Is this supposed to be different? Neck pickup wire is almost black and bridge wire is nearly copper color..

3 people like this.
  5. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Yes, they are two different types of wire.

1 person likes this.
  6. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Yes, the neck pickup wire is different and very very hard for me to find as it needs to be a certain DC ohms per foot resistance and have a certain insulation build. Both the neck and bridge pickups are wound with plain enamel wire, but it varied in color from year to year and from manufacturer to manufacturer. Please let me know how you like them after you install them and Thank You again for your purchase.

3 people like this.
  7. NYC LP player

NYC LP player Premium Member

A ECP mention right off the bat

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjpmWVs5T-8[/ame]

4 people like this.
  8. bill m

bill m Senior Member

2 people like this.
  9. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Keep your eyes on the Vendors section and the ECP website in the near future as I will be offering a new pickup line that are clones of modern favorites such as the Custom Buckers, Dry Z's, etc. This new series of pickups will be called the "Legacy Series "and will be affordably priced as many of the models that I've cloned didn't use expensive custom materials to make them, and some even use poly wire. Some of these models are ECP designs and even touch the Higher Gain arena.

4 people like this.
  10. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Senior Member

My '77 Super 70 pickup wasn't destroyed for nothing! :D

3 people like this.
  11. JCRW

JCRW Junior Member

Just ordered the Presence Set for my '62 Vintage Hot Rod Strat, very excited!

4 people like this.
  12. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Thank You very much for your order!!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. JCRW

JCRW Junior Member

A parcel arrived at the door today! Got it just in time before the Canada Post lockout. Will see if I can get the Presence Set installed this weekend. Thanks again Bill for all of your help with the order :)

14. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Your welcome, and please let me know how you like them.

1 person likes this.
  15. JCRW

JCRW Junior Member

The Presence Set is fantastic! They may very well be the best set of strat pickups I have used, especially in this guitar. They really added some much needed clarity to the guitar with just the right balance and fullness. Can't thank you enough Bill, I am now set to go (until the next guitar purchase). :)

16. JCRW

JCRW Junior Member

Some photos of the two lucky candidates that got both the Presence Set & Hallowed Grounds Set. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

17. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Senior Member

Very nice man!

18. mrfett

mrfett HJ Lover Premium Member

I hear you can get a spot-on recreation of the Isley Brothers' version of "Twist and Shout" with the HGs... (trying to figure out whose guitar they came from based on Bill's description and I think I figured it out)

19. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

That is an obscure song to think of the HG's! I had to look that one up and can't say I have a feeling one way or the other. I'd still love to know what other songs were recorded with the guitar but definitely respect if the owner wants to stay quiet on it. :thumb:

In other news my JH Tributes came in and I got a chance to install them tonight, still trying to dial in the pickup heights to maximize the quack in the neck/middle position. First impression though is these pickups are great, a little more rounded and bass-heavy than the Presence set they replaced but I'm still fine-tuning them. I've come to adore the ECS-60 set on my other strat and found the Presence set a little too close to those so wanted to change things up. I actually think the Presence set is a perfect in-between set if someone wants SRV and Jimi but like I said I wanted something a little more differentiated so picked up the JH Tributes.

I also picked up a Princeton Reverb, and while not exactly known for Hendrix tones, the combo rocks :wow:

Thanks again Bill for a great set...

[​IMG]

20. mrfett

mrfett HJ Lover Premium Member

The clue is the artist who played on that song. He played on many others but that was one of his first big hits and his history corresponds to the timeline Bill gave us, as does his address :slash: