New ECP Website and Products

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bill m, Jan 26, 2015.

1. bill m

bill m Senior Member

I'm proud to announce the launch of the new Electric City Pickups website. This site is much cleaner and user friendly. Please visit here to see the full line of Martin Six String Customs wiring harnesses, and ECP pickups.
    I've changed the names of some of the humbucker sets to more accurately reflect the tones you can expect to get from these sets. For quick reference here are the changes:

RD-59 LW set- Now- Electric Flag set
    RD-59 Hybrid- Now- Freedom set
    RD-59 set- Now- Revival set
    Fatty 57 set- Now- Sky Dog set
    RD-64 set- Now- Fool set.

In addition to these renamed sets we have a couple new products.
    First my new Strat set called the Presence Set, and was reverse engineered from a 1964 fender Stratocaster and this set nails the tones Jimmy got from his 1964 Lake Placid Blue Strat.

Not released as of yet, but will be in about a week is a new humbucker set called the Hallowed Ground PAF Set. This set was replicated from a pretty famous 1958 burst from New Jersey. The covers on this set are the most authentic looking PAF covers I've seen. Each set is meticulously aged to look like the original burst's PAF's. Keep watch on the website, in the next few days, for more detailed info on this very special PAF set.

[​IMG]

Sct13, BSeneca, Frogfur and 19 others like this.
  2. matt@msscguitar

matt@msscguitar www.MSSCGuitar.com Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

Oh hell yeah!

4 people like this.
  3. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

I'll be springing for the Page T-Top in a few days, can't wait to try it out!

2 people like this.
  4. bill m

bill m Senior Member

You've got it. Let me know when you're ready and I will wind you the most authentically sounding T-top replica available today.

5. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Billy knows his T Tops....

He a T Top aficionado!

7 people like this.
  6. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Senior Member

Ok. School me on T-Tops vs. PAFs, please!

1 person likes this.
  7. chef

chef Senior Member

Cool website, I learned a lot by visiting. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  8. bill m

bill m Senior Member

T-tops were Gibsons standard humbucker from around 1965 to 1980. The name T-top was coined from the bobbins having a "T" on the top of them denoting the top side of the bobbin. Bobbins are generally abs, or acrylic, although some of the earliest ones were butyrate plastic. Coil wire was poly coated wire, magnets were mostly short A5's, but some of the 60's ones were indeed short A2's. The sound is bright yet full and the magic with T-tops is when you use your tone controls on your guitar. Also T-tops are a pretty consistent pickup, whereas paf's are more random. T-tops got a bad name because of Norlin era guitars, but IMHO, are fine, very versatile pickups.

11 people like this.
  9. MasterEvan07

Awesome, thanks Bill! I may need to try some T-Tops...my LP tends toward dark and I want to liven it up.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the Hallowed Ground set's history.

2 people like this.
  10. thehtm

thehtm Senior Member

The website looks great, although I will say - Fatty Arbucker and Tone E Montana were probably my two favorite pickup names!

Hallowed Ground sounds interesting. Looking forward to learning more!

2 people like this.
  11. M@nChild

M@nChild Senior Member

the site looks great Bill.. Look forward to sound clips of the Hallowed!!

1 person likes this.
  12. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Here's a quick neck demo of the Hallowed Ground set, shot on the fly with a cell phone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSUbDEiLpuY&list=PL2S-RO6tPBXzi-_469je5ZvhDGk5jdsVf&index=1[/ame]

12 people like this.
  13. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Order placed for the T Top. I'm building a DIY MKII Tonebender pedal so its gonna be a Page binge in the next week or so :dude:

Oh and those Hallowed Grounds sounds great, as usual!

3 people like this.
  14. MasterEvan07

I guess I wouldn't cry if there were more demos of the Hallowed Ground set...including the bridge...iPhone vids are cool... :)

I dig the throaty character of the neck and it sounds like it has a lovely clean-up too...excited!

3 people like this.
  15. G Man

G Man Senior Member

New site looks great, new pickups sound great, keep on keeping on Bill.

3 people like this.
  16. bill m

bill m Senior Member

Thank You!

I've been getting a bunch of questions on the Hallowed ground set, such as the DC resistance. Neck is 8.25k, and bridge 7.7k. Don't let the specs fool you as this set is very balanced and if you didn't know the neck reading you wouldn't think it was 8.25k as it's clear and cleans up wonderfully.
    This set is only going to be available as long as I have stock on the special coil wire used to make these pickups. Production may have to temporarily cease after my spools run out, until this wire is available again. Let me put it this way, the wire used is almost out of spec and the availability of this wire is very slim, but I will always keep checking and will buy these spools when available so to try to keep this pickup model available as often as I can.

All sets are serialized and come with a COA. Sets 1,2,3,4, and 7 are already sold, and will start shipping out next week.

7 people like this.
  17. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

Great site Bill!! Nice.

5 people like this.
  18. MasterEvan07

How many sets do you anticipate producing with your present stock? Also, what's the history of the Hallowed set dang it! Inquiring minds want to know!

I love your Stalag 17 avatar...classic, great film.

1 person likes this.
  19. bassmannlespaulman

bassmannlespaulman Senior Member

Bill question so what's the difference between a patent # sticker, pre t top & a t top? Or are pre t top pickups just patent # sticker pickups? I know they all have polyurethane wire n are either short 2 or 5 alnico magnet.. n are machine automated wound buy what else could be the difference?

1 person likes this.
  20. bill m

bill m Senior Member

With my present stock I can produce 30 to 40 sets.

The longer story will be on the web site description, but the short story is this. I received a phone call from the burst owner stating that he had an original burst and that Gibson made him 2 R8's about 2.5 years ago. He said he loved the way they felt and sounded acoustically, but plugged in, sounded nothing like his !958 Burst. After realizing he only lived an hour from me he brought the burst over and contracted me to make 2 sets of pickups to sound like the original burst's pickups. Luckily the covers were on and off the pickups over the years so I was able to be a little invasive. What I discovered was from the DC ohm readings is that the ACR, capacitance and Inductance were not what I was used to seeing in pickups with these DC resistances. This set uses magnet wire that is at the verge of being out of spec and hence the reason why don't know how this set will be available. I'm sure at some point I'll put them out of stock until this wire becomes available again. I have the word out to my supplier and when more of this wire is in stock I'll be sure to buy enough that this set will always be available.

2 people like this.