New ace confirmed!!

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by MalibuKasey, Jan 18, 2012.

1. msvsdoj

msvsdoj Senior Member

2. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Senior Member

I dont think ace is broke. I would be amazed if he spent it all on having fun and showing his friends a good time. I thought i read in 2007 his net worth was almost over 35 million.

I think what happened is he moved out to LA with his New GF. Wanted to refinance on the home and the bank said no so he just said screw it let it go than.

His new book is coming out soon so im sure he will say his side of the story of whats going on soon or make a statement to the press.

3. TheAce93

TheAce93 Senior Member

Which is rarer? The Budokan or the Ace Frehley Custom from the early 2000's?

I don't know many people who own the older model. There's never any Epiphone Ace's on eBay these days.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

There is NO rare Epi at all made in the last 19 years.............

this are rare Epis....:D
    Nashville USA Collection - The Unofficial Epiphone Wiki

5. TheAce93

TheAce93 Senior Member

Well they're not exactly common, compared to Standards/Tributes/Customs.

Everyone and their dog has a cherry sunburst standard, or a black custom for example.

I'd say they're pretty rare.

6. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Senior Member

the original ace like yours pops up once in a blue moon when its a real one. ebay is loaded with fake versions of it.

most the time when a real one is up people want between 600-1000 for them. Alot of times they are so beat up and torn to shit with massive cracks and dings they are so unpleasing to even look at.

According to that Acefrehleylespaul.com website they were made for 9 years and he gave a rough estimate of about 1500 of them exist. could be more could be less.

If i was to say if any of those type of guitars would be "rare" it be the blue one that was limited edition and only sold overseas or the ones with the double lightning bolts. I held one of the double lightning bolt versions once and it seemed way worse in quality than the ones made after that.

Is the budokan or the first ace rare? probably not. im sure like the budokan they are sitting around in peoples kiss shrines all over.

7. TheAce93

TheAce93 Senior Member

I got mine for £525 ($788) with a hard case in mint condition. It now has a bit of buckle rash and some light scratches due to me being careless :(

8. ACELUEK

ACELUEK ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON

The Budokan!!

9. dav8219

dav8219 Member

I vote for the Budokan.

10. KissGuitar

KissGuitar Senior Member

Update: I've now had this guitar for 5 days, and all I have to say is that it is the absolute best playing, best built Epiphone I've ever put my hands on. With comparing it to my go-to Gibson Standard, the Epi feels amazingly good... and that's right out of the box! I didn't even have to take this to my Luthier for setup!

This guitar has been a pleasant surprise! If you're on the fence on this one, you should really give it a try, you may be as surprised/happy as I am. For what I paid for this one, I'm just giddy.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tenacious T

Tenacious T Senior Member

Agreed.

The Budokan is a great guitar for such a low price. Can't beat it.

12. PNWRandy

PNWRandy Junior Member

Hey guys-
    I’ve been considering getting a LP for about the last year or so- shortly after I sold my ’58 RI a few years back. I just haven’t been able to justify the expense, and I have a few other nice guitars already.

Then I stumbled upon news of the Budokan Gibson, and being a huge Ace fan I inquired further. I’ve recently left the USAF, and have been a full-time college student; meaning that I’m pretty broke these days. With that in mind $3-5K for a Gibson simply isn’t going to happen for many, many years to come- if ever!

Imagine my surprise when I found the Epiphone version. I don’t usually give imports a second look, but this one is different. It looks to be of better quality than any of the other Epi models I’ve seen… and its Ace! Still on the fence, I continued researching about them and came across Christian Cousineau’s video review (part 2) Review of Epiphone Ace Frehley Budokan Les Paul Custom - YouTube and decided to find one of my own. Ebay had a few averaging between $1,000 & $1500… still way out of my price range. There was one listed “by it now” for $850, but it sold that same day. I made a few calls to guitar shops in and around my town, and found a new one! On top of that, it was on sale for the St. Patrick’s day weekend, and they offered to ship it to my door for free :D How could I resist?

It goes in the mail Monday, so I should have it by Wed- Thursday at the latest. Woohoo!

I must admit that I’m a little surprised at my excitement over an import from China… although I bought my first LP-- an Epiphone—while I was stationed in Holland back in 1989/1990. I bought from a local shop in Zeist, or Utrecht (I cant remember which) for 825 NLG (approx. $450 USD); sold it before I transferred Stateside, and regretted selling it ever since.

[​IMG]
    Can’t wait!

BTW, thanks again Christian! :dude:

13. fpatton

fpatton Member

Man, I haven't been on the forums for quite a while - I was pretty surprised to find this thread was still alive! Congratulations to all the new Budokan owners. I did see a new one at GC in San Jose a few weeks ago if anybody in the Bay Area is interested in one.

My shoulder has finally healed up to the point where I can start playing, so I've started picking mine up again. However, it's been prominently hanging in my music room for all to see, along with a nicely framed pic of Ace playing on his. I still love this guitar!

(And for those who remember my previous posts, no, Guitar Showcase never got the Budokan I ordered.)

Cheers!

Fred

14. Bardia

Bardia Member

I absolutely agree with you, clown burst is not appealing.
    Nevertheless, awesome looking

15. NRVPaul

NRVPaul Senior Member

Interesting to see that some feel a Chinese made Epiphone Ace is better than a Japanese made Edwards Ace? Here is a picture I found of an Edwards and is the bridge threaded into wood?

[​IMG]