Needed a little practice amp and Vypyr won!

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by tennisplayer, Jan 2, 2010.

1. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Senior Member

Loved the little Vypyr 15. Got it for $86 bucks. Yhe cab is really cheaply made, the little 8 inch speaker looks super cheap too, but it sounds really full and deep. Strangly, it sounded better than the 30 watt one. Anyway, been foolin' with it all night and having a blast. Any Vypyr love?

2. needlespauls

needlespauls V.I.P. Member

I've only plugged into the 75 watt version myself, and I thought it was the real deal as advertised! The only thing though, I'm a 1-3 knob single channel amp guy, and all the knobs and blinking lights totally overwhelmed me, and I couldn't shut off the damn delay! If I could figure all that out and master it, I could have a blast with one of those for practice!

3. tennisplayer

I know, it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to shut off the delay. Once you look at the manual, it all made sense.

4. tennisplayer

cute little bugger....

[​IMG]

5. JMV

JMV Senior Member

I have a Bandit 112 I got recently with a G&L ASAT for a hell of a good deal. I was very surprised at the sound quality from these solid states.

6. >Photi G<

>Photi G< Senior Member

I went to GC a week ago, Played through a Vox AC4TV, Marshall MG50, and this. The Vypyr sounded the best. That little 8" speaker has more bass than the MG's 12", and it is pretty clear for a 15 watt modeler. Good choice man!