Ncheap'tele'D

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by garybaldy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. garybaldy

garybaldy Senior Member

Got this today from a local pawn shop for 50 quid with bag, cable and strap. It's my cheapest guitar in 45 years. I took an Allen wrench with me to check the TR worked - it was completely slack but I was able to adjust it nicely. The bridge saddles need a tweek. It sounds promising thru a practise amp.
    I've no idea of the make. I will be changing the strings and giving it a good blast shortly.
    I have a feeling I'll bond very quickly with it. WP_20171204_20_11_01_Pro.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 11:56 PM
    Benjammin likes this.
  2. garybaldy

garybaldy Senior Member

Hey ho, 68 views and not even one derogatory remark in 2 days.
    May be you all think it's a piece of junk but I've got a lot more worse junk than this :wave:

Bud Stoner, GitFiddle and bungle like this.
  3. GitFiddle

GitFiddle Premium Member

Sixty seven bucks for a working Tele is a steal. Looks very cool. Not a piece of junk at all. Looks like a lot of fun ahead of you. Great platform to tinker and customize too. I've been wanting me an old Butterscotch blackguard lately. Enjoy brother. :thumb:

garybaldy likes this.
  4. garybaldy

garybaldy Senior Member

Thanks GF.
    I had a beautiful looking original '82/83 (?) Squier JV '52 butterscotch tele which I stupidly sold, and for not very much money, in about '96 cos I'd bought an '88/'89 Am Std (for 250GBP) which suited me better at the time. You live and learn.

5. bum

bum Senior Member

No frills no worries fun, it's what a Tele should be all about, congrats on it!

garybaldy likes this.