Name your #1 OD

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by LesterNtele, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Senior Member

My favourite OD of those that I have is my Timmy; of those that I've tried and loved but haven't yet acquired, I really like the Wampler Euphoria - it wouldn't replace the Timmy but it'd sit fairly beside it - it's very different. With the right amp (in my small collection, an old SF Twin), my Barber Silver LTD is nice, too.

But, my gosh ... I read through these threads and there are just dozens and dozens mentioned that I've never even seen, let alone tried. I have no idea if the Timmy or the Euphoria would compete well with some of these others.

2. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Senior Member

Right now i like my Mad Professor SHOD the most...but to be honest it varies from time to time...

1 person likes this.
  3. Boppy

Boppy Senior Member

This one for years and years--the inexplicably overlooked (and relatively rare) Ibanez Super Tube STL.

[​IMG]

For me, it's the best at what it does, and that's raping the pedal in front of it...usually a Muff appropriately enough.

2 people like this.
  4. TheWelder

TheWelder Senior Member

Stock TS9 followed closely by my vintage RAT. I know there are several 'better' OD pedals on the market, but my trusty TS9 has served me well for more than a decade, and I've never felt the need to do any of the fancy mods that are so popular.

1 person likes this.
  5. axslinger

axslinger Senior Member

Still trying to find it but for now, it's my Hardwire Tube Overdrive.

My major complaint is that with the gain cranked, it's hard to get unity volume with the detented knobs and "unity" is way down near zero, between 8 and 9 o'clock.