Nagd!

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by Phoenix59, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

Just ordered an Epiphone AJ200. Happy early Father's Day to me! :D

[​IMG]

Benjammin and Leendrix like this.
  2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Senior Member

When it arrives, do we get a NGD day thread, too?
    Looks nice.

3. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

I always thought that when someone announces that a new toy is on its way is kinda like the day the doctor tells you your wife is pregnant. When it arrives is giving birth.

4. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

Very sweet guitar, love it!

5. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

*sigh* Delays drive me crazy. (See: GC Rants)

First GC gave me grief because the billing address on my debit card account doesn't match the shipping address. Where we live, there is no mail delivery to the house; everyone has a post office box. So of course my billing address doesn't match the address where I need UPS to ship it.

Then, in the process of trying to get the card authorized, they ended up sending through SIX authorizations, all of which hit our bank, so until that's straightened out, we have no $$. My wife got paid today and just cashed her check, so it's not like we're destitute -- but it's frustrating.

So I talk to the manager at that GC today and he apologizes, which is all well and good but doesn't fix the problem. I'm trying very hard to be patient here.

6. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

Screw Guitar Center.

I cancelled my order and instead I am getting a DR-100 and case, NEW, with a 2 year warranty from Musician's Friend for $18 less than what GC was going to charge me.

And MF had no issues with the billing address, shipping address, or whether I have sex with small mammals. Add me to the GC haters club.

How can they be so different and allegedly both be owned by the same company? :shock:

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

8. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

I will ask you to PLEASE post a complete review here. Im in love with that one, I'm not sure it's all that good, so please, when you get a chance post a nice objective review...

Thanks!

9. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Senior Member

Heh.

It arrived at about 5pm tonight whilst I was napping. My wife put it in the basement; she was going to give it to me on Sunday (Father's Day).

After my nap, I got busy doing other things and pretty much forgot about it until about 45 minutes ago, when I remembered and realized it apparently hadn't arrived and checked the UPS tracking, which showed the 5pm delivery. I was getting ready to shoot off an angry e-mail to UPS when she confessed. ;)

It's quite beautiful for a budget guitar. (List is $189, but everybody sells it for $99.) I have dubbed it Brownie.

Too dim in here to get decent pics, but I will post some tomorrow. I just fiddled with it briefly. It's certainly no Taylor, but it's got a nice, even sound and decent action. I think the thing I like best about it is it resembles the J-160s that John Lennon used to play.

The case is one of the nicest I have ever had; heavy duty, black vinyl with brown accents and gold hardware, with a very plush grey interior. I'll probably keep the case if I ever trade up to another Epi dreadnought.

A more detailed review will be forthcoming.

Oh, and TeleDog, you did see that I ended up getting the DR-100 rather than the AJ-200, right?