NAD Phaez Daisycutter

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by Mike-t, Mar 11, 2010.

1. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Right ya, the power section is cathode biased, so no as well.

2. tojo

tojo Senior Member

Thanks, I was curious about that - that's why I asked the question.

Obviously, there's not much in terms of specs or documentation out there on the Phaez amps (or maybe I haven't paid close enough attention) so I wasn't sure if they were cathode or not.

That helps.

3. LPV

LPV Senior Member

I was refering to Rspeer's amp tho. There are a bunch of different ones out there. He may have some fixed bias a/b amps out there too.

4. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

I spoke with Bob on the PHONE today, and everything is worked out. Man, he was confused about a couple of things and I just can't for the life of me figure out how he could have arrived at the conclusion he did from our emails. Anyway, its all good, the cab will be done beginning of next week.

I went round and round in my head about posting about this next thing. I have decided that I need to because so many people are ordering Phaez amps. My intention is not to bad mouth or defame. Simply state the facts, so you guys as consumers can do what you need to do. This is exactly why I don't buy stuff over the internet.
    Foot switch, that I sent AT LEAST 5 emails about, maybe more, and one as early as 3 days ago. Well the foot switch I was CHARGED for, I am not getting, after I was told REPEATEDLY I was going to get one.... from the very first order. The reason I was given was "I only have one here, and I need it." Well you had almost 2 months to get/make one. Now this is MY problem? Ya know when I do business, the customer comes FIRST. So if I tell someone they can have something, and I am running short, they get mine and I replace one for me. ESPECIALLY if they have been charged EXTRA for it. So, as it stands now, its in the "wait and see what I can do" category. I have no recourse because I made final payment long before the amp was done.... Lesson learned on that one. Hold final payment untill you are sure you are getting EVERYTHING you were charged for. I suspect it will be my responsibility to rectify the situation in a TIMELY manner. I don't want to WAIT AND SEE! I WANTED IT WITH MY AMP....AND WAS TOLD I COULD HAVE IT REPEATEDLY. Do with this info what you will.... I am too disgusted to talk about it anymore.

5. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. That's the thing, these guys are allot closer to artists than business men.

6. rocknhorse1

I appreciate the thought LPV. Its just, I had put so much effort into not allowing this to happen.... and it did. I don't know what else to say. Im frustrated. So, does anyone know what kind of foot switch I can use? It's just for the boost, not chan switching. The other thing is, I have to drive 60 mi to get this thing. I asked Randy, but haven't heard back. And don't get me wrong, I am sure I will be very happy with this amp, but I will think twice about giving him another $180 for a head cab. If he wants to take the price of the switch off of that then that would be fine... but it wasn't even offered.

7. LPV

LPV Senior Member

8. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

rocknhorse, you're doomed with this project. It seems despite your best efforts it's all gone bad. I feel badly for you! The excitement and enthusiasm the builds while waiting should be an enjoyable part of the experience. Instead you get irritation and frustration!

9. rocknhorse1

10. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Hey if you paid for it and didn't get it you have the right to make noise. 10 bucks or 100 bucks, doesn't matter.

11. rspeer

rspeer Member

12. arkamps

arkamps Senior Member

I just spoke with Randy and he basically said that the 1/4" jack was always included to allow for switching but the pedal was not, at least to his understanding, he said there was alot of emails sent which he doesn't have the time to go through but he is sending a pedal out asap.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, he admits he may have just forgotten at the last minute or something, the guy does have a lot on his plate I will admit so I can see stuff like this being possible.

It is easier for now to go through me as I have more time to go through emails than he does and I can speed the process up for everyone involved.

Thanks for your patience,

Bill

13. rocknhorse1

I really didn't want to make a big deal of it. If I had been told the switch was not included, I would never raise an issue. I was led to believe that this was an extra and would be charged as such. If this is not the case, then by all means, set me correct. I too, have all the emails. I would prefer to take care of this with Randy directly. I was simply telling of my miss hap. Like I said in the beginning, my intent was not to bad mouth or defame. A simple "no it is not included" could have avoided this whole thing, as well as responding to the messages I sent him earlier today, trying to resolve it. I can appreciate Randy's position fully, and respect him and his work. I am not angry, just frustrated because like I said, I tried very hard to confirm as well insure the delivery of everything I thought was included in the package. I don't want to start a huge conflict over it, I am confident something could be worked out so everyone involved walks away happy. I don't want Him upset with me and I can tell you I am not angry with him.... simply frustrated.

14. rocknhorse1

I try too hard. Ware my heart on my sleeve. I so want this to be fun since this is the first music oriented stuff I have done/bought since my mom was sick. Over 2 years without hardly playing a note. It will come together...... I try not to sweat the small shit.

15. arkamps

arkamps Senior Member

I do feel bad for you, but soon this will all be over and you will be playing your heart out once again;):thumb:

Thanks for being so fair about this,

by the way I do the email thing way more than him so best to go through me for last minute ideas and the like as he won't see them 'til it's too late most likely... I talk with him on the phone about important emails he needs to know about asap;)

Bill

16. rocknhorse1

Bill, thanks for you input, as well as your help. I hope this will all just be a little bump in the road:) In my OP, using the capitol letters may have sent the wrong message. It was more of an insistent kind of tone, not YELLING. I am not a very good typist, and don't know all the ins and outs of using every function on the key pad..... This was the only way I knew how to emphasize my points. I apologize if it was taken as I was yelling. That said, for what it is worth, my experience with Randy has been really good. Overall, I would say even with the little hiccups, B+. Things go wrong, its to be expected. I can empathize with Randy. He is busy, probably has 10,000 things going on at once. This is why I was trying to make sure everything went correctly. Which when it didn't, only added to my frustration level. Anyway, I hope that Randy isn't upset, and doesn't feel like I am doing this to try to get something for nothing. I really do want to do more business with him in the future. Thanks again.

Richard

17. arkamps

arkamps Senior Member

My pleasure, have fun!:dude:

18. Mr_Wormwood

Mr_Wormwood Senior Member

waiting sux.
    I am not even feeling like I am in the queue yet much less in the process of creating something.
    sux

19. rocknhorse1

Don't worry there Mr.WW, it will happen. As Bill said, it may be easier to get messages to Randy through him. I don't know how far along you guys are as far as hashing stuff out, and this may not be possible. The wait is worth it. A side note, my amp is on the truck for delivery! Just checked the tracking #.
    Unfortunately, my cab isn't going to be here till next week :( So for now the wait continues for me. I think I will plug in later and make believe.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

20. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

Worm, I had to wait 9 weeks for my Ceriatone Bluesmaster. Talk about a lesson in patience! I was able to keep a little busy with cab design and speakers, but there's no getting around it. It sucks!