[NAD] Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 20

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by Steve Mavronis, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Steve Mavronis

Steve Mavronis Senior Member

[​IMG]

I'm a new owner of the Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 20. I bought it last Friday night. It seems to be a pretty fantastic little modeling amp, especially for being considered entry level but its more than that. Packed with features and the best bang for the buck out there. I'm supposedly using it as a secondary amp to my VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo 6W tube amp to give me something for low volume and headphones practicing. But it seems to be becoming my main amp lately - I'm using it so much because it's just fun to play, LOL.

I have it next to my computer testing it with PC connectivity via its USB connection by using the universal ASIO4ALL input/output configurable driver. I got it to work in Cockos Reaper, Riffworks T4 and Presonus Studio One 2 recording programs so far. I guess my iPhone 5s is next if I get the Apple Camera Connection Kit/Lightning to USB Camera adapter. Also I have a Y-splitter audio cable adapter on my PC speaker jack so I can send any multimedia output into the amp's MP3/Line-in jack (DAW recording playback or MP3/YouTube, etc.) through its speakers or headphones. This is great for practicing or when I'm learning or tabbing a song from MP3 or video at various speeds using VLC Media Player. You can also use their Insider software and import a song for speed controlled playback and use their tuner and tone customization.

In retrospect it's weird that I started with solid state practice amps (Roland Cube-20X, Marshall Series IV MG15FX) to a low watt tube amp and now back full circle to a solid state digital practice amp again - and I don't even need my pedals!

2 people like this.