My...Staind,Its Been Awhile and 78 million views.

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by rogue3, Dec 28, 2017.

1. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

I've liked this tune from the get-go,whenever that was...but just re-visited this...really?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. brokentoeswalker

brokentoeswalker Senior Member

Well it's been awhile...

First time i ever saw the video tho.

rogue3 likes this.
  3. derms87

derms87 Senior Member

This was one of my favourite songs for a long time. It was actually great to see this video, brings back a lot of memories.

rogue3 likes this.
  4. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

This is one tune i like,during the verses,that i play note for note on acoustic...dropped to E flat.It has a very subtle timing to it, and sounds cool...little pushes and pulls to the note timing,legato,...there is even a rest while you let a 2 note minor second ring out before you finish the verse...i love minor seconds, and the dissonance they bring....its all about timing.The chorus is a simple 3 chord bridge, but legato phrased notes in the verses are really cool,imo,on a Martin:) .The lyrics are cool...in a teen love sorta way,but that's the writers intent here...Any writer should feel accomplished to have 78 million views on any tune.

On an off note,its great to be finally finished work and be able to devote some time to such minuscule things...studying music instead of medical source data...happy holidays surely!:cheers:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    brokentoeswalker likes this.