my email has been hacked

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by fishered, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fishered

fishered Senior Member

just want the moderators to know my email was hacked on facebook,and someone sent offensive posts on all the forums i am a member of. it wasn't me and hopefully i have fixed the problem. Thanks

2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

I'd change all the passwords for all my online accounts just to be safe,But that's just my paranoia talking...

3. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Yes, change you passwords and switch to a different email if possible

4. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Um,

K, so they 'hacked' your email on facebook. I assume you mean they were able to coopt your facebook email. If so, how, does that now provide them the logon credentials for all the forums you belong to? Or, for that matter WHAT forums you belong to. Are you saying that this is the email account that you registered/associated with all of your various forum accounts? Hard to believe, but okay. So, are you then saying that they then had passwords sent for these forums to the email id associated, aka your facebook email? How did they know what forums you belong to? Why didn't the change those forum passwords.

Something doesn't quite add-up here, sorry.

Seems like maybe you used a public computer or similar, and didn't clean your cookies etc, log-off etc, and this is how this happened (assuming it did).