My Aged Kossoff Sucks - I hate Gibson

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by Aria, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Neck's wrong, send it back.

2. JSB MD

JSB MD Senior Member

On the unfinished carve that is a dummy neck. The finished neck is right. or should I say Left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Silver Supporter Premium Member

Hopefully you didn't pay more than 1/4 of what a Gibson costs, otherwise.....

1 person likes this.
  4. cristi tanasescu

cristi tanasescu Senior Member

that neck tone knob is drilled a tad furter..

5. appetite4distortion

appetite4distortion Junior Member

Yes it's not a good relic but honestly who cares. If it sounds so great and you are happy, it is money well spent IMO. I've always preferred players guitars to lookers without tone. Too many average sounding guitars around (even in the same ballpark) to not be happy.
    I wouldn't touch a thing.:cool:

1 person likes this.
  6. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie Premium Member

Well ... that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back ... ;)

Just read through all this - doesn't look like the OP is still responding but it seems after 12 pages and two years that Gibson offered to refinish it but the offer was not taken up ... which seems kinda odd. Why raise the issue if you then don't get it fixed?

Still, the guitar does look very cool in some of the pictures but the relic job is way off: both in terms not "looking nice" and in no way replicating the original. What surprises me is that the Fender Roadworn range - considerably less expensive- have freakily consistent aging applied so it clearly can't be that hard to scrape/ding/mark/scratch a guitar with reliable placement.

7. jkater

jkater Member

To the few owners (and those who really tried it) of the aged Paul Kossoff LP: what do you guys think of the neck relicing and feel? I have one on semi-permanent loan and I love the guitar in every way except that strange uneven and bumpy feel of the neck. The owner and I agree that it could be made smooth to make the guitar much nicer to play. Collectors would disagree but from a player's perspective, would it make sense to refinish the back of the neck for a smooth feel?

8. Joe A

Joe A Senior Member

Dude.. your whole guitar is backwards :)

9. ajory72

ajory72 Senior Member

I've been following Corsa guitars, this forum [and this thread] from day one, all I can say is.... Rock ON !!!

10. jamman

jamman Premium Member

It's your guitar to do what you like with , sort of. I'd leave that all to the Owner .

But if the day comes you/he wants/needs to sell the guitar ..You will have killed it's value as a TM aged(IIRC) CC guitar .

Cash it out and buy a regular Gloss or VOS guitar and pocket the $$$ rather then see it go down the toilet when it's sold ...

Seeing a few K's circle the drain, right before it disappears , ain't pleasant ...:wow:

11. Crotch

Crotch Delete My Account Entirely Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member