My 5 Conversions

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by thefishingline, Jan 29, 2012.

1. space

space Senior Member

Fletch Says:
    "dick-movery"
    I think I went to High school with him
    :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    T

2. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Could be, but i sense you are trying to imply this seller is way out of line with his prices, yet, you don't know what asking the price is and what the final price ends up to be....:hmm:

I'm more worried about the asking prices of new wood that edges those of vintage old growth wood.....

3. tag2

tag2 Senior Member

Nic, you are correct, that in my opinion, these guitars are overpriced, as does the market, apparently. Rich can say whatever he wants, but most of these guitars have been for sale on and off for a very long time. He has the right to ask whatever he wants. I don't begrudge anybody for trying to recover their money or even make a profit. My main issue is Rich's abrasive approach. But, there are many obnoxious people out there and again, this is America and he has every right to be as condescending as he wants.

You are wrong about me not knowing the asking prices. But, they are worth whatever somebody will pay for them. That question will be answered at a later date. It is not likely that I will involved in that decision.

1 person likes this.
  4. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

nor would I expect you to be...abrasive enough for you?

5. tag2

tag2 Senior Member

Perfect! Like sandpaper. Thanks. :laugh2:

6. thefishingline

you're very welcome:D

7. thefishingline

The Mirabella 52/57 is on HOLD...sale is pending!!

8. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

i guess the ole' fishing line has snagged a live one, eh?

:)

9. thefishingline

:) you could say that...but when the bait is high quality you'll catch a high caliber client and a man of high intelligece who really knows his stuff...I am very blessed as each of these guitars are stellar and real phenoms!!

As I've said if I laid them all out and sold them all except one..whatever one was left over I would be perrectly happy with. All the PAF's came directly from Kim at Vintage Checkout and Mirabella did all the work with the exception of the Mueller of course..the PAF's in the burst came from a 1959 ES175...

10. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

I may have helped on that sale. Yeah these are all great guitars and you did not skimp on correct parts. If it was 06 Rich would have sold all four in a week. It just takes time for the right buyer. I know Rich, he may be abrasive, but he's always straight ahead without curves like most people.

11. thefishingline

thanks for the third party endorsement I greatly appeicate it and what most folks call abrasive is just me or any New Yorker not beating around the bush or pouring sugar on news..straight forward..just the facts ma'am..just the facts!

12. tag2

tag2 Senior Member

I must be your lucky charm. Let me know when you are ready to sell another one and I will tell you what I really think about you. :D

1 person likes this.
  13. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

and just to be clear - i was just having a little fun in this thread (thanks for taking it in that spirit).

glad someone got a guitar that is not exactly available anywhere

1 person likes this.
  14. thefishingline

Looks like the Goldtop is back on the market. I had totally forgotten, bascially didn't even know, because I did not buy the parts except for PAFs. bridge and stop bar, that the pots were from 62'...basically the same anyway...but...I understand..

When Chris went over the guitar the Monday (2/20) day with a fine tooth comb and called to tell me I was flabbergasted and embarressed...same with switch ring...I thought the switch ring was authentic all these years cause' Ii never took it off......as Homer J would say...dooohhhh

Still a killer guitar with killer tone whether the pots are 57 or 62...same thing really but different

15. thefishingline

Looks like the Goldtop is back on the market. I had totally forgotten, bascially didn't even know, because I did not buy the parts except for PAFs. bridge and stop bar, that the pots were from 62'...basically the same anyway...but...I understand..no excuse..but that's why I had Chris go go over it head to toe

When Chris went over the guitar Monday (2/20) with a fine tooth comb and called to tell me I was flabbergasted and embarressed...same with switch ring...I thought the switch ring was authentic all these years cause' I never took it off......but I'm sure Chris told me when I bought it...as Homer J would say...dooohhhh

Still a killer guitar with killer tone whether the pots are 57 or 62...same thing really but different...what douche I am!!:shock::facepalm::doh::doh::doh:

16. thefishingline

I can assure you I do remember EVERYTHING about these others since I bought every part and kept record sof every purchase and and all work done...