My 5 Conversions

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by thefishingline, Jan 29, 2012.

1. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

Just went through all the past receipts and bills for the conversions work, parts, cost of the guitar etc etc...SCARY!! I do have to start selling some of these so be on the lookout in the classifieds this week!

52/57 Mirabella:
    Original: Tuners, truss rod cover, Brazilian fingerboard, inlays, switch, switch tip, poker chip, knobs, jack & jack plate, harness & pots, all back plastic, hardware, screws etc. ABR-1 bridge, stop bar, PAF’s, strap buttons, pickguard, bridge, studs, thumb wheels,
    Not Original: Refin top and back, refret, PUP rings (Over the Pond), refret

52/58’ Mueller:
    Original: Original 50’s finish tuners, truss rod cover, Brazilian fingerboard, inlays, knobs, jack plate, harness & pots are 52’ as well, switch & switch tip, all back plastic, hardware, screws etc & original ABR-1 bridge (in case) & awesome sounding PAF’s .
    Not Original: Strap buttons, PUP rings (Over the Pond), refret by Mueller with 59’ wire, pickguard (Mueller Special), historic bridge on guitar, studs, thumb wheels, poker chip.

52/59 Gibson Burst:
    Original: Original 59’ burst top finish, 52’ back finish, back plastic, tuners, truss rod cover, Brazilian fingerboard, inlays, knobs, jack plate, harness, pots, switch & switch tip, original ABR-1 bridge, PAF’s, strap buttons studs, thumb wheels, pickguard, poker chip.
    Not Original: PUP rings (Over the Pond), stop bar (Montreuex)

52/59 Mirabella Burst:
    Original: Everything is 59’ except finish & PUP rings

54/59 Burst:
    Original: Tuners, truss rod cover, Brazilian fingerboard, inlays, knobs, jack plate, harness, pots, harness, switch, switch ring, switch nut & switch tip, all wiring, pots & caps Harness original ABR-1 bridge, PAF’s, strap buttons, studs, thumb wheels, pickguard, poker chip.
    Not Original: Burst refin, PUP rings (Over the Pond), stop bar (Montreuex),

2. Kalamazuu

Kalamazuu Senior Member

Let's see a family photo!:thumb:

3. thefishingline

I have to see which ones I am selling...the killer ones of course...the 54' (see conversion almost ready thread) I have not gotten back yet...have to play the shi t out of it before I decide...

I'll post pics with the For Sale thread in the classifieds...

4. Oranjeaap

Oranjeaap Senior Member

Well we want pics so add them to this thread when you get the chance, or else there was little use for starting this thread :)

2 people like this.
  5. thefishingline

is that so??

6. Oranjeaap

Oranjeaap Senior Member

* in my opinion

1 person likes this.
  7. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Hi TFL, just out of interest why did you comment on BOG's Thread that your Luthier would not do a conversion on a '52 but you have 5 listed here?

I am not having a shot at you, just want to find out what the background is; i.e. were all of these guitars damaged in some way & therefore became candidates for a conversion etc.? :)

:cheers:

8. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Senior Member

I agree with OJ! :D

9. boogieongtr

boogieongtr MLP Vendor

2 people like this.
  10. thefishingline

I hit the quote buttomn so I could answer your quesiton...took 55 seconds for the page to load..this site has been fast or slow for weeks now...to answer your queston they all had issues

1. 52/57 I bought as is with the exception of adding PAF's and there was not enough original finish on it for me to salvage to we refinned it.

2. The mueller I bought as is and added PAF's and a 50's bridge.

3. the 52/50 Gibson Burst had P90's a horrible neck angle and a whacky abbreviated bridge of some sort that made the guitar nearly impossible to play and unenjoyable.

4. The 53/59/ Mirabella Burst was a stripped down flamed out beauty with no paint on it at all...no parts no nothing I bought directly from Cris.

5. The 54/59 burst being done now was already converted by some hack with a horrible tobacco burst and he was repalcing all the 54' parts with 2009 Gibson parts so I bought the whole thing

11. thefishingline

12. Oranjeaap

Oranjeaap Senior Member

Lovely guitars, thanks for the pics boogieongtr ;)

13. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Thanks TFL, thought that might be the case. :thumb:

I have seen these on Gbase numerous times. The CM 52/59 is a nice guitar & as I understand it Cris was one of the best in doing conversions. I have certainly found him to be quite helpful on other matters, nice bloke.

:cheers:

14. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

15. thefishingline

iT may be my best sounding guitar...very light..rings loud and true..fantastic piece of wood...feaking killer...I got VERY lucky wity al my PAF purchaes and guitars too and we hit it right wiht the right PAF's put in the right guitars...

I could let you pick any four of the five to buy and I would have no problem whatsoever with which ever one you left behind...

16. janalex

janalex Member

Im just curious. Could you tell which guitar is which in a blinded test? It sounds like all sound great but are they all that different from each other?

17. thefishingline

yes I could...I have had them long enough and every neck is different from the other and no two necks alike

some bridge PUPs are brighter than the other

18. pinefd

pinefd V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I love the '52/'57 Mirabella conversion...by far my favorite of the bunch!

Frank

1 person likes this.
  19. dwagar

dwagar V.I.P. Member

Too bad you have to sell some now, I'm just guessing but assume the market is down, as with everything.

20. Jean Christophe

Jean Christophe Senior Member

Like Jim said most of the guitars have been for sell for years ....