Moving to Bozeman, Montana

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by CherryBurstChaser, Sep 29, 2013.

1. CherryBurstChaser

CherryBurstChaser Senior Member

We're moving to Bozeman in January. :dude:
    I'm going to try and get a job at the Gibson factory. I don't care if I'm cleaning toilets and scraping gum off the parking lot, I just wanna work there. If I did, music and guitars would completely be my entire life. Play guitar, go to work at the guitar factory, come home and play a lil more, sleep, repeat.:thumb:

Is anybody here particularly familiar with the Gibson acoustic factory?

3 people like this.
  2. politenessman

politenessman Senior Member

please dont do it. oh god, dont do it, anyplace but there. why are you doing this to us? what the hell did we ever do to you? and you just post it up here, and give us like 3 months notice, then you are just gone??? just who the hell do you think you are? you think you can just take off, and go work in the gibson acoustic factory? well, buddy boy, when you get there, you better just keep on trucking, because remember, you can run, but you cant hide!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. CherryBurstChaser

:laugh2::cool::laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  4. Blackegg

Blackegg Senior Member

Where in Alaska are you? I've been thinking hard about moving up there!

5. politenessman

you are going to move to alaska??? dont do it, oh god, please dont do it.........

6 people like this.
  6. CherryBurstChaser

I live in Fairbanks. I wouldn't necessarily advise anybody to move to the Alaskan "interior" part of the state. Fairbanks is located in the interior and we have the most extreme weather in the state. Meaning it gets colder than anywhere else in the state during winter, and gets hotter than any other part of the state in the summer. Anchorage is in the southern most non-island part of the state, and it's a fairly modern, mid-sized city (300,000 people). The weather there is very temperate and mild. It's also right on the ocean/sea. It's cool.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shadowplayer

Shadowplayer Senior Member

Sweet dude, your coming down in one of the coldest and worst times of the year. Recently came out to Missoula. Getting pretty damn cold already. Wish ya luck in the move.

1 person likes this.
  8. bobswinea

bobswinea Senior Member

Don't know about the Gibson factory but I do know about Bozeman. Real good luck with that. Hope you like both kinds of music; country and western. :laugh2: Seriously. Congrats on your new job. Can't fault a man living his dream.

9. Blackegg

Blackegg Senior Member

Thinking Palmer/Wasilla or Soldotna area. Found a place in Healy! but yeah! way to close to article circle. Staying in a cabin for 5 to 6 months would be hard

1 person likes this.
  10. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

<------ okay, I went straight to Big Bang Theory.

Yes, obviously I am obsessed with that show.

3 people like this.
  11. CherryBurstChaser

Yeah dude, Healy isn't too far from Fairbanks, which puts it in the interior. But since it's so much closer to Denali than Fairbanks, the weather patterns may be a bit different than in Fairbanks. Fairbanks is around 2 hours away from Healy, and the nearest "city", which ain't saying much.
    If you're looking at cabins, you will have your choice of "dry" cabins with no toilet, or a dwelling with actual indoor flushing toilet/running water/plumbing. If a dry cabin, you'll have to use an outhouse....at -40F. You will also have to go back and forth from a large well in order to at least have water in a the big plastic tank that dry cabins usually have. However, you can get into a pretty nice dry cabin for a really good monthly rental price. You can get a lot more house/property for the money. If you want a place with running water and a real toilet, you will pay more $$ and get a lot less house/location/property.

We'll be moving in the dead of winter, sure. But the comparison of the winter we'll be leaving in Fairbanks to the winter we will be coming to in Bozeman is a drastic difference. REALLY drastic difference in the two winters.

Bob, I think if you spent a little time in Fairbanks, you'd understand just how much of a step up Bozeman is. Fairbanks is very dreary, run-down and generally in massive disrepair. There's junked out heavy machinery everywhere, and it's a starkly industrial town. Decades of mining and drilling has made Fairbanks and the North Star Borough a seriously polluted, nasty place. During the winter months, people leave their cars running in the parking lots of every store they stop at, even if they're going to be inside a given store or theater for hours on end. During those winter months, Fairbanks has some of the dirtiest air anywhere on the planet. As if the severe winter cold and polluted air isn't bad enough, the winters have almost ZERO measurable "daylight" from December-April. It's absolute horror.

1 person likes this.
  12. kasu

kasu Senior Member

Cool. I was an exchange student in Montana back in 83. Id love to go back sometime. Spent some time in Bozeman partying...:cheers:

1 person likes this.
  13. Mantis

Mantis Senior Member

don't forget your Fly Rod.

1 person likes this.
  14. KSG_Standard

KSG_Standard Senior Member

I've been to Bozeman a few times, it's a great place if you're an outdoorsman. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

2 people like this.
  15. Maynar

Maynar You reached for the secret too soon Premium Member

This seems relevant:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ialhaxhr7iA]Frank Zappa Moving To Montana - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it's raining and I'm bored. Sue me. :D

5 people like this.
  16. politenessman

raisin' it up
    waxin' it down

1 person likes this.
  17. MineGoesTo11

MineGoesTo11 Senior Member

Why don't you move to Nazareth and work at a real guitar factory? :naughty:

4 people like this.
  18. Strato

Strato Banned

Be sure and take a warm jacket.

19. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

Bozeman is a great place.. I worked there at the airport a few years back... Ate at Montana Ale Works everyday I was there.

1 person likes this.
  20. CherryBurstChaser

It's actually my wife's career that's taking us there. And I can always find a job in my own career field. But since we're gonna be there, I figure I might as well apply at Gibson.