Morticia just hit my doorstep!

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by ClutchKargo, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ClutchKargo

ClutchKargo Junior Member

So I'm finally going to take time to settle down and get back into playing and learning, older and slower but still ready to rock. So I wanted to get a nice LP and decided to try and find an Epiphone LPCP in good shape used and since I am a Lefty there are limited ones to be found. So here is what I found and she is beautiful!! Meet my new darling Morticia!!

IMG_3264.JPG IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3284.JPG IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3292.JPG

I can't believe how good the quality build is on this guitar. I certainly can't afford a Gibson at this point and it's not needed because of my lack of talent but I definitely wanted the best option and this Sweet Dark Beauty will work for now. I stole this guitar and could not be happier. I am brand new to this forum and look forward to learning from everyone and appreciate all advice. Thanks! Clutch

2. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Welcome here @ MLP
    :wave:

Congrats on your new LP-Custom
    :applause:

3. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Welcome! Nice LP custom!

4. ClutchKargo

Thanks so much! I could not be happier and impressed with this guitar.

@paruwi after I saw the thread on fakes I started to really wonder about this one, I had already pulled the trigger and starting to wonder but the seller had been on Reverb for awhile and the closer I looked the better I felt that this one was the real deal. Funny though at the end of my worry stage I thought, Damn if they are faking Lefty's then more power to them for such a nice Fake!! Ha!

Ok so I have to come clean and tell the whole truth. So when I jump in I really jump in hard. So I also wanted a G-400 Pro and I found one that is cherry! No Pun intended! So bidding on it was to end at 06:39 EST today and there were no bids when went to bed. I messaged the seller to verify the serial number and got a response. He was really questioning the fact no bids had been placed because there were other G-400's going for way more and most not as nice as his. Honestly this was a horrible time to end an eBay auction to boot, and I realized this. So I figured if I got up and snagged this guitar for close to the starting bid it would be great and possibly a killer deal. Needless to say I woke up at 04:30 and started to wait. With 40 seconds left and no bids placed I placed a bid with a fair amount of $ over the first bid to hopefully get the high bid in the end. Watching the timer.....3..2...1. I was the only bidder. Well big surprise still because it's a LEFTY not many of us goofy's out there. So now I own a LPCP and a G-400 Pro that are both in "Like New" condition and I got them both combined for less than than either one of them new. So now it's time to roll one and celebrate!!

Here is the G-400:

SG1.jpg SG3.jpg SG4.jpg SG5.jpg SG2.jpg

Again looking forward to getting back into it, being here, learning, contributing, and sharing with everyone!

Cheers!!
    Clutch

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    truckermde, Frogfur, Biddlin and 4 others like this.
  5. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

6. ClutchKargo

:lol: I am always wondering that myself.......Alien probably

straybeat, Fracture and Who like this.
  7. HeartString

HeartString Senior Member Premium Member

HNGD!!! Sweet!!!

8. ClutchKargo

Yeah! I'm really so amazed these quality beauties came up so close together with no other Lefties bidding on them. It was a lucky timing thing for sure.

Yes my two favorites! I told the wife this is it I need no more...............(for now! :hmm:) o_O

HeartString likes this.
  9. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

Glad you cleared that up! Whew! I thought you just pulled a newbie mistake and posted your pics backward!:laugh2:

:welcome:

Hope you like gear fans, fun, and stupid remarks! We gotz lots of 'em in here! :thumb:

10. ClutchKargo

Thanks glad to be here!

Seriously though do you guys ever see faked Lefty's? I got to thinking about it and was wondering if it is even worth their time to try.

11. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Congratulations, happy NGD and welcome to the MLP :)

ClutchKargo likes this.
  12. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter Premium Member

HNGD X 2.....beauties !!

13. jeff_farkas

jeff_farkas Senior Member

Congrats.. HNGD!!

14. bungle

bungle Senior Member

:welcome: Nice guitars. But their both backwards:hmm:

15. ClutchKargo

Thanks!

Ha! Nope I think my brain was installed turned around.......... :facepalm:

bungle likes this.
  16. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

Clutch,

Check out "The Fake Epiphone Thread" on this Epiphone forum. I follow it, and don't think I've ever seen a fake lefty. But paruwi would be the one to give you the best answer.

17. 07rogersg

07rogersg Senior Member

I've seen a few, but its a similar situation to the Korean made Epis; there really isn't that much demand to be making fakes of them so accurately that it's not immediately obvious they are fake.

18. GraphX12

GraphX12 Member

HNG(S)D, congratulations and welcome Clutch! You must be as old as I am - loved Clutch Cargo growing up! Still do, in fact - bought the DVDs :applause:. I also have 2 Epis - 2014 LP Trad Pro and a cherry 1999 G-400. Must be the fallout from nuke testing in our formative years :rofl:I'm not a lefty though...can't figure that one out.

19. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Nice score!

20. Miguello

Miguello Junior Member

Nice Custom! Congrats and enjoy it, they're quite decent. Just picked up my 3 pickup yesterday, for $140. That's how much I paid for the guitar I traded for this one, so a very good deal IMHO. Second pic is the trade bait that landed me this black beastie. Yes, $140 with case, tax, and out the door. I am just waiting for my wife to go to work so I can crank this puppy up, hehe.

Attached Files: