Mooer GE200

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by SaltFox, Feb 7, 2018.

1. SaltFox

SaltFox Member

Anyone try one of these? Seems like it has a lot of features for the price tag.

http://www.mooeraudio.com/?product/201709225660.html

Found from this video (guy trying to make a good Adam Jones tone)

Disclaimer - lots of verbal diarrhea as usual in these types of videos. Skip a few minutes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Sounds great, even if (as usual) there is too much talking (in demo vids). Looks like something to give the Helix and Amplifier units a run for their money. I knew it would be a matter of time for Asian manufacturers (without Western head offices) to begin to compete. It'll be interesting to see if these take off.

3. Jymbopalyse

Jymbopalyse Senior Member

Yup. I think we are about to see an explosion in "new" companies emerging concentrating on modeling technology.

In the higher price bracket ISP Technologies is coming out with products to compete directly with the Helix.

The Theta Pro DSP Preamp/Multi FX Unit goes for $1880 CDN

https://www.long-mcquade.com/65067/...logies/Theta_Pro_DSP_Preamp_Multi_FX_Unit.htm

Its marketing doesn't focus on "sounding like" other BRAND amps and effects. They want you to shape and create your own sound. Which of course will "sound like" other amps. But hey, it's different marketing.

frankv and northernguitarguy like this.
  4. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I have yet to hear a complaint about Mooer pedals.

5. KenG

KenG Senior Member

That's the second Moore modelling gear demo I've heard. To be honest neither one showed any tones that would tempt me but that is only my personal taste.

Zungle likes this.
  6. SaltFox

SaltFox Member

So I ended up getting one of these on Reverb. For the money its actually a pretty good little rig. As expected some of the models sound better than others but with some tweaking I’ve been able to dial in some nice sounds. There’s a substantial amount of amp models and effects. I haven’t tried loading any custom IRs but it sounds like that is a major feature for this thing.

7. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter V.I.P. Member

Yep, because if they don't they won't be around for many more years.

Jymbopalyse likes this.