Monitoring inputs in stereo on interface. Possible?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rocco Crocco, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I use a Line 6 Helix guitar processor and I like to run it through my PreSonus Audiobox USB interface. I do this for at home practicing, creating guitar patches, etc. I am not going through a DAW or anything.

I run 1/4" L and R outs from my Helix into the 2 inputs of the Audiobox.

The problem is the signal is in mono, and after a bit of research, I discovered the inputs on the Audiobox cannot be monitored in stereo.

Is there another affordable interface that will allow me to monitor in stereo?

2. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

define affordable. There are probably a ton of them out there, just depends on your needs a price range.

3. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

I know you know most if not all of the following, but curious about your reason(s) not to use the Helix itself. It is an interface w/ 8 channel USB I/O. It is stereo. It has Main 1/4" and Main XLR Outputs for your spkrs, as well as FX Sends that can be configured for Stereo Analog to your speakers. It has a Stereo 1/4" Headphone Out w/ an independent analog knob that does not suffer from the Main Volume Knob's Digital Volume Stepping (now a Known Issue introduced 3/30/17 w/ fw 2.20).

4. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

ML I would use the Helix but the way my setup is at home it a little bit of a PITA to unplug my speakers from the Audiobox and plug them into the Helix every time I want to play. The Helix gets put away when I am done with it because of dogs/cats/kids, plus it goes with me to rehearsal once or twice per week. Otherwise, I would just keep it hooked up all the time.

Today I actually found a inexpensive little 6 inch 5 channel mixer on CL for $25. Its already set up and its working fine. I have the outs from the Audiobox into one channel (stereo) and the out from the Helix into another (also stereo). I spent a good solid hour today screwing around with weird ethereal type stuff in stereo. Groovy.:hippie: