MLP Weekly Creature Feature

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Malikon, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Malikon

Malikon ジャンプアップ V.I.P. Member

I would totally be down for a Season 3 of Amazons. No idea where the story could go from there but I'd be interested.

Spiteface likes this.
  2. Malikon

Gamera 2 Advent of Legion (1996)
    (click the link to go to the folder, right-click the movie folder and 'Download')

imageproxy.png

Part two of the reboot Gamera Trilogy. A really good movie, really good effects. The Legion Queen is such a good monster you really can't even figure out how the heck someone fits in that costume.

The scene of Gamera just being swarmed by the insect monsters is disturbing, like Gamera is covered in biting leeches or something. The scene of Gamera flying past the building and spraying blood on it from the Legion swarm kind of stuck with me and made me feel bad for Gamera.

1373501248-gamera2.jpg

It's only been a year or so since the last Gamera movie. The Detective quit the force and went into Security. After the events of the first Gamera reboot he doesn't seem to want to be a Det any more.

The girl with the bond to Gamera returns as Gamera does, when the earth is threatened by an Alien monster. This movie really has it all. Insectoid monster swarms, Alien Queen, giant organic bombs they're building that can destroy the city. Good effects, good costumes,...it makes you wonder why more people don't know about the Gamera films because they really are easily just as good, (if not better in some regards) than a lot of the Godzilla films.

splash_780-1943.jpg

Maybe Godzilla is just "cooler" in that undefinable way. ..Maybe a Giant Dinosaur is just cooler than a Giant Turtle...Boar...Spaceship....Guardian...Creature.

440265716.jpg

Gamera 2 is the rare sequel that manages to upstage it's predecessor and manages to have one of the absolute best Daikaiju costumes ever put on film, the Legion Queen.

New Addition to the Creature Feature

New Amazons: ep 4, 5, 6
    (Click the Gif to go directly to the Amazons Folder)
    [​IMG]

SteveGangi and kiko like this.
  3. kiko

kiko Senior Member

The Amazon apartment was cool! I like the character of Jin but not his Amazon form, something about the look or color that bothers me, but that's just me. The Haruka amazon is way cooler except his iffy bike!

One thing I like is how they need to recharge their energy by feeding on any form of protein which in the story are cooked meat, hamburgers or eggs. Do you know how to look tough while eating a hard boiled egg? Go watch how the Japanese do it! :)

Thanks Mal for hooking me up, This series is really growing on me. :cheers2:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Malikon likes this.
  4. Malikon

I felt the same exact way about Jin's red Alpha look, but it grew on me by about halfway through season 2. I think part of it is the upturned green eyes that match his belt.

But as the show goes on and he gets more beat up and gets more scars it seems like the red gets darker and his eyes turn white,..and I think for some reason those little differences makes him look a lot cooler. Like the eyes matching his chest instead of being that bright green just sort of all works together.

mqdefault.jpg

...plus by then you've seen him whup so much ass and become even more unstable that he's a pretty scary dude.

kiko likes this.
  5. Malikon

oh, the bike (and Jins look) are sort of nods to the original 70's Amazon series.

amazon.jpg

..which also is known for being pretty bloody and violent. (I still haven't watched that one yet.)

I'm glad you're enjoying the series. I thought it was a lot of fun. Even the juxtaposition between the bright colorful costumes and blood flying everywhere was pretty weird,..different but sort of neat too.

I can honestly say I've never seen a show quite like that before.

Alligatorbling and kiko like this.
  6. kiko

kiko Senior Member

BTW thanks for this weeks Gamera movie, I dont think I have seen this one. :cheers2:

Malikon likes this.
  7. Malikon

It's good, I like the Gamera trilogy and 2006 Gamera The Brave a lot.

I think they go well with the millennium Godzilla movies.

SteveGangi likes this.
  8. Spiteface

Spiteface Senior Member

I wanna know if there was an increase in salmonella after Amazons started. Right there in episode 1, Jin's eating a raw egg! Some peoplemust have been mad enough to try doing that!

kiko and Malikon like this.
  9. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

That was good Gamera, Mal, thanks again

Malikon likes this.
  10. Malikon

I've seen in other Japanese movies where for breakfast they took a bowl of rice and just crack a raw egg open into the bowl of rice and start eating. I guess that's just a normal thing over there??

Yeah SGeoff the newest Gamera Trilogy is great. I'll try to do part 3 real soon. And the newest one, Gamera the Brave (2006) really has some good effects too. It's a bit more kiddie,..(sorta?) in that they tried to make it almost like E.T. or something,..a boy and his pet turtle that grows up to be Gamera. But it still has blood and crazy monster fights.

11. Soul Tramp

Soul Tramp Speaker Snob V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

Watching Gamera tonight. It's a great movie that sits between the early-days rubber suit monsters and modern CGI monsters.

I think this movie would be killer in B&W. It would have a lot of the vibe of Gojira. Is there any way to set a movie viewer to ditch the color?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    SteveGangi and Malikon like this.
  12. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

even tho he's essentially a "good " monster, still, a few buildings gotta go..they must be resigned to rebuilding Tokyo after a monster has crushed it, it happens all the time:eek2:

SteveGangi and Malikon like this.
  13. Malikon

I'm pretty sure with VLC player there's a way to output video in B&W/Greyscale

14. kiko

kiko Senior Member

I just finished Kamen Amazon season 1. The story was well crafted and quite engaging, they wrote it with enough hooks to keep you interested, like what Malikon said, somewhat like walking dead. But you need to keep an open mind when watching and not question everything else it will turn out ridiculous, same thing when watching star wars, star trek or any of the western superhero movies. Just take it for what it is :)

Btw, the wife who's not into these type of shows got hooked and manage to watch 4 episodes in one sitting :laugh2:

Malikon likes this.
  15. Malikon

:applause:

yeah there's some things that if you think too much it's funny. Like one character when transforming is practically foaming at the mouth and screaming, "AAAAMMMAAAZZZZOONNNN!!!"....another character is quiet and smiling and mumbles, "amazon."

:laugh2:

Now take all the violence you saw in Season 1, and double it for Season 2. Everything goes up a notch. :thumb:

edit: and it took me forever to figure out that team member Mamoru is a Mole. :laugh2: I was like, "Wtf animal is he supposed to be?" ...he's a Mole. :laugh2:

Cd1LDsnVAAEn5fD.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    kiko likes this.
  16. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Haha so Mamoru is a mole! Was'nt able to figure that one out! :doh:

Malikon likes this.
  17. Malikon

yeah it took me forever to figure it out. :laugh2:

18. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Yes that was quite the twist!

Edited the rest of the post as not to be a spoiler, My bad! :)

19. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Opps! Sorry a bit of a spoiler there :)

20. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Sorry about that Mal. I edited the entire post instead. :)

Malikon likes this.