MLP Weekly Creature Feature

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Malikon, Aug 21, 2017.

1. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Let me clarify, there is nothing wrong with ghost house file. My sound issue is probably my player needing a codec update.

2. Malikon

Malikon ジャンプアップ V.I.P. Member

3. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Hey Mal,just watched a Korean monster flick. I think it was Korean...?

Called “ The Host “.
    Have you seen it? Not too bad...

Frogfur, SteveGangi and Malikon like this.
  4. Malikon

yeah it was our Creature Feature movie a couple weeks ago. :thumb: (9.29.17 according to my Creature Feature records. )

5. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Okay,so I’ve been out of the loop:laugh2::laugh2:

Malikon likes this.
  6. Malikon

Halloween Bump!

Grab IT and Ghost House. :dude:

bulletproof likes this.
  7. Malikon

New Movie is up for the week of 11.03.17

1.jpg

(click the poster to go to the OP for the download link and movie info)

Also.....

New Addition to the Creature Feature program

[​IMG]

I've been watching this really neat series called Amazons. I talked about it here...but will go into more detail here for the Creature Feature.

Like a lot of things I think are really cool, I try to share them and get other people to try it out. Whether it's music or a book, a movie,..whatever, I run my mouth and try to get people to try it. Well I think Amazons is really cool. It's dark, it's compelling, it's gory,..and it's hard to watch just one episode because they seem to leave you hanging and itching to see the next one.

So in an effort to try and share cool things with my MLP bruthas I've created a new Sub-Folder within our Creature Feature folder called 'Amazons'.
    Right now I've put in the first 3 episodes and I really think Monster/Horror/Kiajin fans will like the show if they give it a chance.

I can't emphasize enough how much the "playful colorful" look of still photos belies the incredibly brutal and dark nature of this show.

It has blood and gore, monsters, cannibals, serial killers, dismemberment, decapitation, evisceration, things torn in half the short way, things torn in half the long way, people eaten alive and screaming..I could go on...
    But it's not just gore, it also has a pretty interesting story.

A Corporation creates a new gene and experiments on people with it; they call it The Amazon Gene. Much like a werewolf, if the gene is triggered and awakened inside a person that person turns into a Kaijin, and is hungry, very hungry,..for human flesh.

The only problem is the experiment was a success,..and they escaped.

An Extermination team is hired by the company to live and hunt inside the city seeking out all the escaped Amazons, to kill them before they awaken. But the big problem is there's thousands of them in total. And if they all awaken??

But what if one of them fights for good? What if one of them controls his urge to feed and works with the Exterminators to kill the cannibalistic monsters?

Enter our Hero, the Amazon Kamen Rider.

Will he be accepted by the team? Will he be able to control his urges or will he turn on them? Will they shoot him in the back or can he earn their trust?

..or are they just terrified of what he's capable of when they witness his more primal moments?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So give the series a chance and every week I'll add 3 new episodes, and in a couple of months you'll have seen the entire series. And maybe The Rider will have earned a new fan.

...then you'll be buying Rider toys for your desk too.

:laugh2:

if you like monsters, action and dark tv shows, I'll be very surprised if you're not chomping at the bit wanting more at the end of the third episode.

amz.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    bulletproof, Skit and Spiteface like this.
  8. Malikon

afternoon Bump!

[​IMG]

bulletproof likes this.
  9. Malikon

Friday night Atomic Bump

[​IMG]

bulletproof and SteveGangi like this.
  10. Malikon

Saturday night bump

[​IMG]

bulletproof likes this.
  11. Malikon

Just when I thought Amazons could get any more gorier or surprise me with it,..it does.

Started Season 2 last night and they topped Season 1 within just a couple episodes.

One had a bridal party all turn into monsters and while fighting them one of them gets pushed against a tree, ...then with a flying kick one of the "heros" lands with one foot on her chest and with the other foot uppercuts her chin so hard her head just explodes all over the place.

But there's more, later we see a guy kill his family and eat them. Wife and daughter are laying on the kitchen floor with their guts hanging out,..while he's dragging another daughter down the hallway singing a little song. Blood is everywhere.

There's a closeup of the daughters face and you see she's in shock mumbling, "Daddy,...why?" and her eye is fcked up.

Then we see Dad still singing his little song, pop an eyeball into his mouth and happily start chewing.

:shock:

HOLY CRAP!!

Man this show is dark!!

I had to chuckle a bit thinking about the MLPer who called the show 'Power Rangers' just because the hero(s) have a colorful costume. Pretty sure Power Rangers doesn't have people murdering and eating their family while singing a song. :shock:

Couldn't believe they went that far. Part of me is watching the show like it's The Walking Dead or something,..curious how far they're going to take things in the brutality dept.

I mean Season 2 just started, and we've already got a guy chewing on his daughters eyeball.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    bulletproof likes this.
  12. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

Is that the frog movie?

bulletproof likes this.
  13. Malikon

yeah,..giant salamander, frog, gecko..thing,..that takes his daughter after killing a bunch of people.

image-w1280.jpg

bulletproof likes this.
  14. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

15. Malikon

that looks like a drug induced Walt Disney nightmare. :laugh2: like the thing that raped Jimminy Cricket.

bulletproof likes this.
  16. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

Looks like Jiminy Cricket lived in Florida and did a lot of bath salts :D

bulletproof likes this.
  17. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

but the little beard makes it. that ant is cool, man:fingersx:

SteveGangi and bulletproof like this.
  18. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Been watching Kamen Amazons every night this week and I'm up to episode 6. Its quite engaging. Again, it is NOT power rangers! :cool2:

bulletproof, Spiteface and Malikon like this.
  19. Malikon

couldn't wait, huh? :laugh2:

I told you...you get to the end of episode 3 you're like, :shock: ..and want to see more,...you get to the end of episode 4 you're like :shock: and want to see more...:laugh2:

4 was a great episode,..with the ant queen and them trapped in the building. I really liked that one. The pace of the show really started picking up there.

I didn't like Jin/Alpha(red) so much at first,..I thought that Haruka/Omega(green) was a lot cooler. But Jin really ended up growing on me,..he gets a pretty crazy story arc.

..he's also insane,..which is an interesting character trait. :laugh2: But I think it's the amazon gene sort of destroying his mind.

It's funny at first I thought he was a little silly looking, something about the mouth and shape of the eyes,...but after seeing him just destroying left and right,..he suddenly seemed a lot cooler. :laugh2: And those arm-fins that he uses to just rip open throats and sht.....crazy.

Kamen Rider Amazons Alpha.jpg

I finished the series last night. Kind of bummed that it's over. Those amazons were something else.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    bulletproof likes this.
  20. Spiteface

Spiteface Senior Member

I really hope they continue at least doing more adult/darker stuff in that vein. When they're not constrained by having to sell toys, it frees them up so much. If not Amazons season 3, then something else. They have other franchises they could do a more mature take on. They keep doing Space Sheriff/Metal Hero movies, why not finally give Gavan Type G his own series? He's been cool in the films they use him in, and also a cameo or two from original Gavan Kenji Ohba, I'd be into that if the action was done right.

bulletproof, kiko and Malikon like this.