MLP Weekly Creature Feature

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Malikon, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Malikon

Malikon ジャンプアップ V.I.P. Member

Since this Friday will be the Halloween Weekend, (since Halloween is next Tuesday),...here's a couple suggestions.

Daimajin (the actor playing him died this month so I'd meant to host this for him)..

(the trailer is for the triple feature blu-ray set but it was the only english trailer I found.)

..or this....Ghost House...

Which looks good and scary. My friend assures me it's an excellent Thai horror movie.

What say you CFeature watchers? Which would you rather see this Halloween weekend?

SteveGangi and bulletproof like this.
  2. Soul Tramp

Soul Tramp Speaker Snob V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

"Ghost House"!!!! But not sure I'll be able to watch.

bulletproof and Malikon like this.
  3. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

Finally got to the latest one. Like Mal said,back to monsters beatin the crap outta each other. What was the name of the one with the floppy ear things? When they shoot up, look out its on!. :hyper: always nice to see Godzilla ripping the heads offa his foes, after taking a truly epic beating at the hands ( heads?) of Ghidora. Its good stuff, thanks once again Mal.

4. kiko

kiko Senior Member

I've been a good boy, can I have both for halloween? :)

5. Malikon

New Feature is up for the weekend. Click here to go back to the OP for the link.
    Went for straight horror since it's Halloween Weekend.
    File name in the Creature Folder is GH2017

unnamed.jpg

(click the poster to watch the trailer)

Kiko I put something special in the folder for you I just found out about. I haven't watched it yet so maybe it's no good, but it looked pretty cool.

Kikaider-REBOOT-Poster.jpg
    (click the poster to watch the trailer)

Obviously anyone else who wants it can grab it as well. Though it may not be an appreciated cup of fighting robot tea.
    But it looked cool and the trailer was interesting enough to think, "yup, I'll give it a shot."
    ...I'm a sucker for fighting robots.

So not an Official Double Feature,..but there are two movies in the folder this weekend.
    One is a straight Exorcist style horror movie that I feel touches on some interesting themes (how far would you go to save someone you love?)

..and a Robot one just for fun.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    kiko and bulletproof like this.
  6. Malikon

You probably mean King Caesar.

SteveGangi, bulletproof and SGeoff like this.
  7. SGeoff

SGeoff Premium Member

lol, yes..thats him alright

Malikon and bulletproof like this.
  8. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Some of the clips you posted reminded me of a movie , The Guyver. Not sure if you have seen or would like it,Mal,but,its not bad. I really dig the armor and powers that come with it....
    http://youtu.be/ELsDc8sAskQ

SteveGangi, kiko and Malikon like this.
  9. Malikon

The Guyver is a classic!

SteveGangi and bulletproof like this.
  10. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Thanks for these Mal! :cheers2:

11. Malikon

Friday evening Bump.

[​IMG]

GrouchyUnkemptFirebelliedtoad-max-1mb.gif

bulletproof likes this.
  12. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

I liked Daimajin. :thumbs:

13. Malikon

Dropping something very special in the folder for us right now. It's something I was hoping I could get for Halloween and my friend just came through at like 4am this morning.

It's HD so it's a pretty big file, (and there's hardcoded Korean subs, can't do anything about those), but the picture quality is great and I'm pretty excited to be able to get it for us for Halloween this year.

I'll give you a hint,.....IT Floats......:D

It's uploading now so check the folder a little later and it should be ready to go.

Happy Halloween MLP!! :dude:

our first Triple Feature? ...sorta? :laugh2:

(btw watched the Robot movie. It was pretty cool. Very Matrix'ey fight scenes, good fight scenes and camera work and choreography.)​

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    SteveGangi likes this.
  14. Malikon

That's IT,..IT's up and ready to go. :thumb: :)

15. Malikon

Bump for floating....want to make sure no one misses IT

[​IMG]

16. Malikon

IT was a good horror movie. Tim Fezzis critique was fair in that the cast was too large to have much characterization or real exposition, but if you already know the story it's definitely a decent horror movie.

I really got some early A Nightmare on Elm Street vibes from it a lot of the time. Like say the first 3 movies.

There's the old house like Freddys House in pt 3. There's the sink gushing blood like Glens bed did in pt 1. There's the whole, 'he feeds on your fears' thing like pt 1, 2, 3. Even the 'mini dreams/jump scares' where odd stuff would happen out of nowhere that other people didn't see. The mood and vibe, even some of the music and sound effects really gave me that ANoES vibe. Only it's Pennywise instead of Freddy.

As a matter of fact I'd say you could take the entire movie, replace Pennywise with Freddy, and have a great retro A Nightmare on Elm Street movie that's set in the 80's. It would perfectly fit in with the first 3 movies.

Funnily enough right when I started thinking, "This reminds me of early ANoES", the scene changes and the first thing you see is a movie theater in town advertising A Nightmare on Elm Street 5. :laugh2:

The CGI isn't always great, and I'm not sure how to judge it blindly because I do know the story and characters so I'm not confused by anything going on. But if you're familiar with the story and characters and like the first 3 ANoES movies I can't imagine you wouldn't like the new IT also.

17. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Already watched Kikaider reboot. Decent story, nice graphics and fight scenes, and of course your typical japanese drama (slow build up) but not like the Kamen first and next story telling, far from it.

Too bad I'm having sound issue with Ghost house, probably need codec update or something.

Anyway, Thanks for these Mal and a haunted halloween to all you guys!

Malikon likes this.
  18. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Btw, I forgot to mention that the Kikaider robot is not a member of our forum because he carries with him in human form a red strat style guitar. He probably does not want to deal with a LP neck break! :)

Malikon likes this.
  19. Malikon

I watched ghost house without a problem, sorry if it's giving you trouble.

Yeah I watched The First again and liked it more the second time since I wasn't going, "WTF is this hospital stuff about?!?!! Let's get back to The Rider!"

and the reporter woman said, "I was here a year ago.." when talking about helping the collapsed girl, which cemented the timeline to me. The entire hospital stuff is all a flashback from a year before Hongo becomes The V1 Rider, which I suspected but that line from the reporter confirmed it.

And Hayato is actually her "dead" finance, just resurrected as the Version2 Rider by Shocker.

...sometimes these foreign films make more sense the second time through for me. All it takes is missing one line or something and you can be confused about some things. They're not always that big on exposition and just rely on the audience to pick certain things up and make the connections.

American films will often actually stop the movie practically just so two characters can talk and sort of re-cap what's happened so far. :laugh2: Asian films definitely don't do that.

20. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Yes I agree, you sometimes have to do a rewind to get the whole story.

I love these japanese movies but one thing that always bothers me is that the drama build up is so slow, very slow pace compared to its western counter part. But you got to love japanese acting or overacting so to speak. The way the you can see the tension just by looking at the face of the actor, a simple grunt, or just by the way they pose, classic japanese! :applause:

Malikon likes this.