MLP Group Buy 'n Build Pedal Project

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by V!N, Jun 26, 2010.

1. V!N

V!N Senior Member

Thank you for your support ! But the treasurer Beerdog is still having a ball at a baseball tournament.

Pick a colour from the House of Kolor link or the Pedal Parts Plus site and let me know a theme and that should be enough for me to get started.

Any pictures that might inspire me are welcome and so are requests about the style of illustration and fonts such.

2. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

Oky Doke, Hows This one look :D
    2a.jpg
    Here's a water type finish :naughty:
    1a.jpg

3. V!N

V!N Senior Member

Blimey ! That's quite a draft you made there, well done ! :applause: I like how you put the Dog's and my name on there. Bonus points for its greenness :)
    I'm thinking House of Kolor Designer Pearls PBC38 Limetime.

[​IMG]

The ink or toner on decals will always bleed a bit, so I'm afraid fine details and 3D gradients won't end up looking as sharp as they do on your sketch.

I could give it a tribal tattoo style set of angel wings and use a graffiti inspired typeface. Line art is a sure way of keeping things sharp and clear after the bleed. Also, this will pull the design together into one theme. It's a bit of a hodgepodge now with several quite differently themed typefaces and the wings.

4. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

Cheers, i like the name, wouldnt have it any other way :D i know what you mean by alot of detail in the wings, so i was thinking maybe a sticker print of the wings placed under the last few coats of clear, would that work out? Either Way its really just a guide, so feel free to mess with it:dude:

ps. limetime looks good :thumb:

5. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i'm still not sure whether to attempt this as my first build, or to ask the beerdog if he'd consider knocking one up for me...

:hmm:

6. will c

will c Senior Member

There's a first for everything! But, as mentioned earlier (and in the "How to Solder" thread), you could always get some cheap components and a board from Radio Shack and practice a little first.

7. V!N

V!N Senior Member

I'd say this is not ideal for a first project. But I'll leave that up to you. If you have the right tools and you've worked on something small and delicate before - the PCB is about the size of a pot in a guitar - then you should be good.
    If not, BD80 has build lots of pedals for members here. Drop him a line after the Baseball tournament to see if you could work something out.

8. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

well... i played with myself a lot as a teenager, will that help?

:thumb:

9. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

2a.jpg Ok, its a little better now. I can send each logo/graphic you see here individually if it helps.

10. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

That is awesome! Well done brother! :thumb:

I use either my high end inkjet printer or a color Laser printer for decals and I've yet to have a problem with either of them. I actually prefer the inkjet finishes my printer puts out. After they print, I let them sit for about 5 hours, then I spray several light coats of clear over the ink in 30 minute increments. keeps everything crazy sharp. I'll post a picture of what I did recently just for kicks on a mis-drilled enclosure a friend gave me shortly.

11. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

[​IMG]

Ok...maybe not THAT dramatic but my daughter thinks it's just aces. :thumb:

12. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

Yew! Thanks Beerdog!

If you could make mine look like this design id be one happy camper:D, how did you go at the B-Ball tournament?! Kick some ass...?

13. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Team did well and so did I personally. We took 3rd overall but we faced some serious pitching in the 2nd round so that bumped us down to the 'runner up' bracket. We faced a dude the third day that was throwing about 90 and with a slider that just killed us. Otherwise we busted out the bats on several teams. I even pitched a little...after two arm surgeries...I was real timid but I threw 5 innings of 2 hit ball. No runs.:thumb:

Sent you a PM about your design. Not a problem bro!

14. VastHorizon

VastHorizon Senior Member

Man... I would love to take this on as a project but I can barely solder tiny parts.
    I can do guitar wiring but that's about it... :(

15. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Here's an inkjet decal my printer spit out.

[​IMG]

I know the knobs look funny...again...a mis-drilled box I got for free. Figured it would work on the board in my office. :)

16. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

oh...and the scratches are from 1500 grit sandpaper on one of the clearcoats...I haven't gotten in there real good with the buffer yet...I'll do that once I finish debugging the circuit in there. This enclosure has been a test mule of sorts for the last year.

17. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

:shock: How on Earth do you do that? I can print on paper:D and i suck at that(lol)

Tell me you slapped one of those 90Mph pitched balls, thats fast!

PS. feel free to whore out my design if you like:thumb:

18. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

I hit a single to center of him...his fastball didn't 'move' much other than sheer speed. It was his slider and sinker that has us wiffing like mad. Think we struck out a total of 11 times against him. I popped out, struck out and walked my other three at bats against him. The heat kinda did us a favor since he was gased by the 6th inning.

Here's a few pics to whore up this thread... :)

I even had to catch a little...give my two regulars a break.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this was actually my homer. Got lucky on an awesome curveball on a 3-2 count. Cleared the fence by, oh, 4 feet. :)
    [​IMG]

19. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Oh..and it rained the first day. Check out the mud on home plate

![​IMG]

20. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Easy...a good graphics program and con the wife into letting you buy a high end printer. Told her it was for pictures of the daughter. :thumb:

It's true...if only stretched just a tiny bit. :D