Min-Etune battery / tronical

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by rwl6935, Oct 5, 2017.

1. rwl6935

rwl6935 Junior Member

hey, I recent bought a 2013 Les Paul future from musicians friend. The guitar is new old stock.

When I received it I put the battery on the charger. About five minutes later the battery had split wide open. I called MF to see what they could do, they said “send the guitar back”. Since it was the last one I declined.

Anyway, I went on tronical’s website and ordered two new batteries about three weeks ago... still had received anything, not even an email. I tried contacting them with no luck.

Does anyone know what the deal is with tronical? Are they still operating?

Do you know of anyone else selling batteries for the min-Etune?

Thanks, Bob

2. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Have you tried Gibson?

3. djw171

djw171 Senior Member

4. fry

fry Senior Member

I would think that since the guitar is technically new, Gibson will probably replace that battery at no charge.

Sp8ctre likes this.
  5. rwl6935

rwl6935 Junior Member

6. rwl6935

rwl6935 Junior Member

I would hope so, but I’m sure I’d have to go through dealer red tape to get it done. I’d rather just buy one

7. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

Surprisingly, Gibson Customer Support has been very responsive to me in the past. May take a bit for you to actually receive it in the mail (my replacement nut was about 2 weeks in coming). Give them a call, they will ask you a few questions (like the guitar serial number), and you probably will get good satisfaction. You may have to prove purchase date, but they still support NOS, so it shouldn't be as bad as you assume.

8. Gold_topped

Gold_topped Senior Member

Then buying one direct from Gibson would be your best bet.

For what its worth, Gibson has been awesome with any of my issues when they arose. Generally replaced whatever was broken, free of charge and free shipping.

9. moreles

moreles Senior Member

It's always a good idea to contact the manufacturer, and it's encouraging to hear of the success some have had with Gibson. Companies really hate bad comments on the web, and don't like to be identified for blowing off legit claims.

10. fry

fry Senior Member

Get it registered for the warranty if you haven't already. You can do that on the Gibson site. Then, call or email about a new battery. I can't believe they wouldn't just send out a new one right away, I hope they would...

11. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Give Gibson customer support a call. They have been very responsive and helpful to me. It's a free call and it could save you $40!

12. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

Check like Battery Warehouse or Interstate Battery.. something along those lines.

Shouldn't it be under warranty?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. No ugos

No ugos Senior Member

I bought a new charger after losing the original in a move. Not sure if it was tronical or Gibson. Took two weeks to arrive. I'll see if I can find an email to figure out who I bought it from.

14. No ugos

No ugos Senior Member

I bought it for 19.99 from the Gibson tech store.

So if you buy from then it should be less than two weeks. I looked it up and it was 10 days for my charger.

15. rwl6935

rwl6935 Junior Member

I finally spook with tronical and they said they wouldn’t cover the battery under warranty, but they did acknowledge my battery order which should be on its way.

I’ll contact Gibson about the bad battery to see what they can do.

Thanks, guys!

16. rwl6935

rwl6935 Junior Member

I spoke to Gibson support yesterday. They’re sending me a new battery at no charge!

Thanks, Gibson!

17. fry

fry Senior Member

There you go, that’s the proper way for it to have been handled. I had the G Force on a couple of guitars, I just ended up deciding against it. I think that if you really study up on the manual, it is pretty useful, and does everything it is supposed to do. I was never going to use it extensively, and I thought it was ugly. One thing is for certain, if there was a problem with it that required me to spend even a dime out of pocket, I would’ve pulled it off even sooner.