Microphone Shootout

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Freddy G, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Senior Member

2. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Premium Member

Thank you, I learn more here in a short time than all the others with miss information.

3. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Premium Member

Very helpful thank you.

4. Photojazz

Photojazz Senior Member

surprised that microphone remake didn't come with some chanting instructions, LOL. I'll say that's taking it to the next level. I'm not into acoustic or singing, so I haven't gotten into the thread. I'm just a blues guitar recorder at moment. May do some drums later, possibly a little keyboard. I really like my Blue Encore 200 for electric guitar amp recording. I just scored a 2 for one deal GC had and a sale price to boot, so I now have 3 of them for various uses. I also have a Seinheiser, forget the model, but it's a lot flatter sounding to my ear.

5. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Sound cloud files will be updated..

Stay tuned!

2 people like this.
  6. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

Nothing will make me into a decent singer. Every band I've been in, I'm always the lead guitarist (I can play) but the singing, even for backing, has always been token. I wish I could sing like Ray Charles.

I have a new Shure Unidyne and I look with interest. I don't yet know this mic well. If I want to try messing around with it, I'd be likely to buy another but, even so, what one unsolders and detaches, one can replace. My general feeling is always that the less there is "between", the better the result. A man I know took apart an old-fashioned telephone mouthpiece to make an internal microphone for his melodeon, with very decent results.

Thank you for a really interesting post on an under represented area. Nothing will give me a voice, though.