Met Ace Frehley Tonight.

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by jday, Oct 9, 2010.

1. jday

jday Junior Member

removed by author

2. QuicksilverSS

QuicksilverSS Senior Member

AW MAN..that sux!! I was an Ace fan back in the day.....but that's f'ed up!!

3. dbwalker

dbwalker Senior Member

guess that tells ya how Ace is making his money these days, lame

4. azimuth

azimuth Senior Member

I was a huge Ace fan growing up... but charging $500 for a scribble is really lame. That's just rotten.

5. ACELUEK

ACELUEK ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON Premium Member

Ace has not been signing guitars for sometime now (without $).. Too many guys just do it to sell them.. Can't blame him..

6. Jakeislove

Jakeislove Senior Member

Gibson charges thousands of dollars for an icon to have played their signature guitar a few seconds and sign the headstock. How is Ace's taking someone's money any different?!

7. Scooter2112

Scooter2112 Senior Member

All those years with Gene. He learned a thing or two.

8. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

He's also making his money by touring with Kiss still.....and hey man, if you could get $500 for signing your name one a piece of wood, tell me you wouldn't do the same? Id have every color sharpie around my neck. It takes me 2 days of work to make $500 bucks. If he can do it in 3 seconds, God bless him. He earned it.

9. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Total Bullshit, charging a fan $500 to sign something.

I've never been an Ace fan... but now I'm whatever the polar opposite of a "fan" is.

What a washed up douchebag...

$500 per signature... :rolleyes:

10. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

come on dice, why the hell wouldnt he? Its the same thing as a ball player taking 150 million over 130. If someone is willing to pay, why wouldnt you take it? Life's expensive, better get it while you can....

11. Mike's_LP

Mike's_LP Senior Member

I second that! He already gets something like $45K every time Kiss walks on stage with Tommy(?) wearing his makeup! Not to mention royalties.

I don't agree with athletes charging crazy amounts for their autographs, either.

12. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

No way.

A non-asshole rockstar will sit at a table after the concert and sign some autographs. Possibly, you need to buy a backstage pass or something... But actually charging $500 per signature is total B.S.

And... go figure. Google "Rockstar charging for autographs" and what do you get? Dongface Ace Frehley. :rolleyes:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/cel...-autograph-signing-no-guitars-pickguards.html

We're not talking about an admittedly absurd employment contract for a pro athlete - we're talking about refusing to sign autographs for your fans despite your millions and millions that the fans have given you in album and ticket sales.

If a 12 year old kid lugs his guitar to a Kiss concert and says "Ace! Ace! Will you sign this for me!?!?!" and he says "Sure, give me $500...." Thats OK, right? He's not being a royal prick in that scenario?

I'll end my insightful post with some general derogatory statement about a washed up has-been wearing makeup and spandex and not giving a shit about his rather undeserved fan base...

13. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

point well taken. Glad to see you havent changed any dice....;)

id still take the fucking money!!!!!!

14. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

:laugh2:

I'd be charging chicks $5,000 to do me.

Not $500 to sign autographs for fans.

Bottom line... I just like to argue! :yesway:

I suppose that his autograph would be "worth" $500 if I were a big fan - it is just the principle of the whole thing that gets to me...

15. dbwalker

dbwalker Senior Member

he hasn't been a member of Kiss for many years, but he does get payed when ever Kiss plays (without him)
    actually not an impressive guitar player, but I liked being Ace for Halloween in 1977 though, any one want my autograph, I'll put the makeup on & do it for $10 a pop

16. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

exactly

KI$$

17. ElectricGuitarist33

ElectricGuitarist33 Senior Member

Well, he was a member of KISS... sorry guys, but I ******* hate KISS. That's one band I could never stand.

18. lp_junkie

lp_junkie Senior Member

Ace 1975 was still hungry for success and played great, but Ace 2010 is a washed up douchebag, I was a fan of his from the mid 70's until the end of the Kiss Reunion tours, but Anomaly sucks, Ace stopped developing in 1978.

19. Hotspur

Hotspur Senior Member

Well, to be fair to Ace (even though I'm not fan of his music and think asking $500 for an autograph is absurd) if he's going to an event specifically for the purpose of signing autographs for money, one shouldn't expect him to sign for free. This is really different from him seeing a random kid with his guitar and refusing to sign it.

I know a couple of people who have done the sign-autographs-for-money, and all of them would also sign autographs for free, but if you're seeing them at a convention that they came to for the purpose of signing autographs for money, what do you expect?

But $500 seems a little much. Perhaps it was less for signed pictures, I hope?

20. LEFTY LES

LEFTY LES Banned

thanks for the info. I didnt know that. guess ill shut up now. Hey i can tell you guys whatever you wanna know about Jerry Garcia :D