Mesa 5:25 Plus vs Mesa Mini Rectifier

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by jw3571, Nov 8, 2017.

1. jw3571

jw3571 Senior Member

I've been toying around with getting a Mesa amp. I only play at home at basement volumes. I Mostly play rock, AC/DC, GNR, Def Leppard, some Metallica, Tool, etc. I like the ability to have a clean channel as well which both of these have, which one of these would make more sense for me? I'd only play the Express on the 5 watt mode but i'm a little worried even the 10w mode would be overkill.

2. tzd

tzd Senior Member

Like I said in the other thread, using the EQ together with 5W on the Express Plus 5:25 will get you the low volume you need.

With my other amps, I would use my Wampler Triple Wreck pedal to get the Metallica tone, but I a/b’d the Triple Wreck with the Express Burn channel and the Burn channel wins.

3. drpietrzak

drpietrzak Senior Member

I think the V25 would kill for you. I love mine in those settings.

4. rjwilson37

rjwilson37 Senior Member

I was never a fan of the Mini Rectifier. I played on one for an hour here and there for a bit at the local music shop each time I would visit and just never felt the love for it. Even the older 5:25 I just did not like much, maybe because of the 10" speaker. When I played the Mark 5:25+, which has a 12" speaker, I liked it a lot but never had the cash at that time to pick one up. When the Mark V 35w Combo came out, I loved the features and it is very versatile, so I decided to spend money on one amp instead of having 3-4 amps.