MEK - TD1 vs TS-9 (modded)

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by classic, Nov 26, 2007.

1. classic

classic Senior Member

Hi guys,

I wonder if some of you have got experiences with both of these distortion pedals ... :confused:
    I own the TS-9, mod. to 808 specs, and until today I didn't want to miss it ...

I've purchased the TD1 last week for 99 Euros / $ 147 ... compared both ... hardly no difference in sound !!!

So - why to spend alot of bucks for an old 808 or a mod TS-9 if you can get the same sound out of this TD1 ??? :wtf:

2. Nugget

Nugget V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

You know what; I bought a reissue TS808 about a year ago. It's perfect and I question why anyone would want an old one or would want to mod a TS9.
    I can't see either why anyone would buy a pedal based on a TS808 when the reissue is so readily available.

3. plecoman

plecoman Senior Member

Because alot of pedals are Improvements on the original 808. More volume, more gain, less midhump, whatever you fancy... I am not familier with the TD1 though.

Also, many would argue the reissue 808 dont sound close enough to the original 808s... I am not one of them since I have not compared but I have heard some who claim this....

4. Nugget

Nugget V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I have compared the reissue 808 with an original and can't tell the difference.

I've spent a king's ransom on pedals over the years and find it hard to fault the TS808.

5. classic

classic Senior Member

So - it's just a another myth ... ???:wtf:

It's often happening in the head only ... the imagination to play like the 'guitar heroes' ???