Meet Heather..'95 MIK CherryBurst LP

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Jüstin_Sixx, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Jüstin_Sixx

Jüstin_Sixx Junior Member

My pride and joy. I was told she was a 1985. But after doing research i believe shes a '95. Made in Korea serial number: S5026881. Cherry burst, flame top. Not sure what pickups are in her. But i pulled the control cavity, and it seems somwone has upgraded to 500k pots, and 473J2A caps, and possibly did some kind of wiring mod. Im usually pretty good at wiring, especially cars of the 90-2000's. But this thing had me scratching my head lol. I was also told she PAF pickups, but I really dont think so after pulling them, they have none of the telltale design elements. Anywho I figured I would see if you guys could maybe point me towards some info for these MIK guitars. Ive been looking around to no real avail, aside drom learning it is in fact a 95 not an 85. Also I was told it was a plustop pro, is it? How do you distonguish that? Ive read it will have more binding. Thanks in advance everyone!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  2. robgil

robgil Member

Is that a gold decal? Any writing on the pups?

3. Jüstin_Sixx

Jüstin_Sixx Junior Member

No, well if it is then its under the clear coat. And not that I can see on the neck pup, havent pulled the bridge since I bought it, so Im not sure, but IIRC I dont think there is anything on it.