Mandolin bros had a 58/59

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by geddy402, May 21, 2014.

1. yeti

yeti Senior Member

Again, much truth here BUT you can't have it both ways.
    "Joe got what he deserved" doesn't jive with "It's not about Joe, it's about the guitar", does it?
    Also, the way you describe Joe is not even akin to a photo of the real man, not even a polaroid. His friends know him better than you or I do and that does count for somethingIMO.
    Insecurity can look like arrogance, passion for something can look like a "know-it-all" attitude, etc.
    I think it's everybody's job on a forum to keep that in mind when posting, except when responding to Nico, off course:naughty:

2 people like this.
  2. RevWillie

RevWillie Senior Member

I'm not discrediting anybody, I'm just tired of the piling on. Every couple of weeks, it seems that some just have to kick the dead horse a few more times. I get it, I just don't like the incessant (so far) return of the subject to make some of us feel better about ourselves.

I totally agree! I just wonder if he's going to be endless cannon fodder for the forums. He makes a mistake or 2 - which IMO is between him and those he does business with - and suddenly some people are trying to tie him to every fake in the world, past, present, and future. Really?

4 people like this.
  3. Jimmi

Jimmi Senior Member

People often use arrogance to MASK insecruty (not saying that is joe).

I am not trying to say that Joe got what he deserved, I am saying the reaction to the events by people who may felt he acted like a douche on the forums is understandable.

I may be loved by my wife, family, have tons of close friends that would walk on fire for me and my pets wiggle with anticipation with the thought of me coming home but if the only me anyone sees is me acting like a high and mighty know it all with a chip on my shoulder treating everyone like else like idiots every time I log on here, no one here is going to give a crap how nice I am to my dog/family/friends.

I don't believe in two wrongs making a right but people are people have have what ever reaction they are going to have. The simple fact is you reap to some extent what you sow. Should people elevate above it? Sure. But none of us are perfect are we? So let me put it back on the other foot, you are saying we should overlook the short comings of how Joe behaved but not the reaction of people who harp on his mistake who may have been the target of his behavior?

Sure he is a nice guy. The way some that knew him personally have taken up for him shows that in person, he may be very different. I personally only had a couple exchanges with him and they were fine. But I have read his dismissive posts to others and see where others might feel differently. ....ok we should move on to something else.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rich H

Rich H Banned

I never said you were attempting to discredit anyone, far from it.

5. Jimmi

Jimmi Senior Member

It will die off eventually. Unfortunately, I think there are still hard feelings from some that will take a while to disapate. Those who aren't as experienced will probably not care after a short while. I could see how some who were and felt they were railroaded when they brought up the issue might take longer.

In reality, I for one felt like I learned quite a bit from the discussion of the guitar as things to look for when buying so it was overall educational......a sliver lining. Unfortunately, those discussion points will undoubtedly for a while bring up Joes name.

6. yeti

yeti Senior Member

Arrogance isn't necessarily being used to mask insecurity, at least not as much as insecurity is often interpreted as arrogance if the two parties don't know each other in person, at least that's my experience.
    And to answer your question: I wouldn't say we should overlook the shortcomings but they do not weigh the same as the beating that Joe's reputation has taken in an inappropriate fashion via an inappropriate avenue.

If you visit a forum you're going to get it all kinds of ways, that much *I* know for sure and you do too. That doesn't excuse what happened here, no matter how "elitist" and "arrogant" a member comes across. I think that'll do for now on my part. (famous last words:laugh2:)

7. Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse Senior Member

Live by the forum, die by the forum.

6 people like this.
  8. Rich H

Rich H Banned

Speaking of, is it just me or is the LPF down right now?

9. hoss

hoss Senior Member

Has been down for 8 hours now.

10. Stoj

Stoj Senior Member

Yep, It appears to be :hmm:

11. Rich H

Rich H Banned

I see that lilypix and cafewah are down also :hmm:

12. hoss

hoss Senior Member

Maybe they are finally doing the maintenance work that has been promised for years. Or...

13. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Still off at 4:04 in South Carolina time...

14. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

Maybe a giant cork fell from the sky and obliterated it?

Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

1 person likes this.
  15. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Seven forty eight AM...still quiet.

16. sikoniko

sikoniko Senior Member

its karma for not activating accounts... yes, I'm bitter.

1 person likes this.
  17. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Someone tried to authenticate the place... And... And...

4 people like this.
  18. Fletch

Fletch V.I.P. Member

They're scrubbing Joes threads to make him a little more friendly. Gonna take a while...

Fletch

3 people like this.
  19. Rich H

Rich H Banned

Now its been down 24 hours. I think I'm getting withdrawal from Yeti's deep thought provoking postings.

20. Jimmi

Jimmi Senior Member

It was up earlier for a few hours but no one seemed to notice.