Malware / virus issues here at MLP?

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by DDD, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DDD

DDD Junior Member

Hi - sevenstring.org mod here. Over the last day or so our users have been reporting frequent malware warnings from Safari/Chrome browsers, as well as from their antivirus programs, that are being caused by the ss.org message boards. After looking into it a bit we've found out that's it's called Bloodhound.Exploit.193 and is present in VBSEO, ie the vBulletin forum architecture which has been corrupted by the virus.

I don't know if you MLP guys are having the same issues - frequent virus/malware warnings when browsing, attempts by the site to load ActiveX scripts and php files named "Centiyo" - but as far as I'm aware this is a server-wide things so all of Alex's sites will be affected eventually if they aren't already. I've sent all the relevant info to Alex, including basic instructions that should hopefully fix the problem, but I'm guessing he'll sort things out a lot quicker if you guys are on board.

Anyway, thought you guys deserved a heads-up in case. Enjoy!

-DDD

Harmony and AXE like this.
  2. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

Maybe this should be posted in Backstage too. Not sure if everyone reads this section.

Thanks DDD

3. DDD

DDD Junior Member

Hmm, fair point - I figured this would be the place to post it but if the mods think it belongs somewhere else then by all means move it (just leave a redirect so I don't lose it:lol:). From the looks of things the malware hasn't spread here yet but it's a total nuisance over at ss.org, so hopefully Alex gets to fixing it before you guys have to deal with it too.

EIT: speak of the devil, ss.org s down for maintenance right now. Kudos to Alex, aswell as to anyone here who might have helped out in some way:thumb: